Priceline Hotel: What's a Reasonable Bid?

MickMick
By MickMick,
in

Hi all!

I am going to see a concert at the Chicago Theatre (on State Street) :) . I would like to stay at a 4* in the Loop or on NMA (and cab it to the theatre). The prices in those areas are around $200+. I started at $70 and bid up to $85 (and used up my free bid zones). No dice.

North Michigan Ave - River North Area $65 (declined)

Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area $70\ (declined)

Lincoln Park $75 (declined)

Midway Airport Area $80 (declined)

O'Hare Airport (ORD) $85 (declined)

Skokie - Niles - Evanston $90 (declined)

When prices of the hotels are that much, how much do you think is a reasonable bid? Should I go somewhere in the area of $100 or $125?

TIA!

Given the prices and the fact that Chicago can be fairly busy with conventions and other business-related goings-on in the Fall, you will need to boost your bid somewhat higher. I'm seeing prices for 4*'s around $250-300+ on Orbitz & Expedia. I think $125-135 is probably going to be a more likely neighborhood where you *may* be accepted, but I'd still try the prices in-between ($95, 100, 105...etc) since you have the time.

Given the prices and the fact that Chicago can be fairly busy with conventions and other business-related goings-on in the Fall, you will need to boost your bid somewhat higher. I'm seeing prices for 4*'s around $250-300+ on Orbitz & Expedia. I think $125-135 is probably going to be a more likely neighborhood where you *may* be accepted, but I'd still try the prices in-between ($95, 100, 105...etc) since you have the time.

Thanks Aaron! I'll up the bid a little bit.

I'll update this thread as I progress. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]