Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Jose (Mountain View) Avante Hotel

realgem
By realgem,
in

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Boutique Hotel

Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.

Complimentary Breakfast

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

I originally booked this directly with the hotel for their weekend rate of $95 (I'm guessing with tax that would have been $115). I checked HOTWIRE and was convinced that the hotel they described was this one, so I went for it. $73 plus $14 tax).

This hotel has been very nicely updated, very nicely furnished rooms, expanded breakfast buffet includes scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, french toast, good selection of fruit and yogurts. The front rooms can be noisy if you want to sleep with your window open, otherwise the AC is noisy. We felt we got good value for money, but the bones of this place still have the feeling of a fifties motel.

(thereuare: this is my first post, and I have other successful Hotwire and Priceline wins to post, so any feedback to make these posts more useful would be appreciated.)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success... glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and saved some money vs. your conventional booking.

Your post is fine, but if you do want to make it a bit easier i'd make two suggestions:

1) just post the amenities, there is no need to post the descriptions that HOTWIRE uses for each amenities, it just make your post harder to read

2) use the following format for your toipc titles:

Title: Star Rating City (Zone) Hotel Name

Sub-Title: $xx ... m/d/yy-m/d/yy

Nice to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks for posting.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]