Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (Times Square-Theatre District) Room-Mate Grace

mccarthys5
By mccarthys5,
in

Just coming into NYC for 1 night - Sat, 9/27 - for a wedding in Soho. Would prefer not to drive back to Philly that night, but have to be out early the next am, so don't want to spend a fortune for a room if at all possible.

I'll stay anywhere in Manhattan, just so that I can cab it to and from the wedding. Prefer a 4*, but will drop down to a 3* if need be. Where to start the bidding? I already blindly tried $160 on PRICELINE, no dice - how much higher will I have to go? There is a 4* on HOTWIRE for $275/night in Midtown East, should I just book that or it is perhaps possible to get something lower via PRICELINE?

Thanks in advance,

Suzanne

Still trying to work this out on my own. Used your PRICELINE link, as usual, to bid. $175 failed for 4* in Soho/Downtown. I see the Millennium Broadway on travelzoo for $249, so I guess that's my safety. Any idea of how I should continue to proceed would be much appreciated.

At the 4* level not sure if you're going to be able to beat the $249 Millenium Broadway rate but you can try as follows:

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, ESB and Downtown...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, ESB and Downtown and re-bid zone5...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, ESB and Downtown and re-bid zone6...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $220, if rejected close browser use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, ESB and Downtown and re-bid zone5 and re-bid zone6...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $245

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us knw how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I tried to bid a few times on PRICELINE (via the link on this site) and went up to $220 and was completely unsucessful.

The $249 deal at the Millenium Broadway went away, so I booked a hotel via HOTWIRE (also through the link on this site) and will post that win separately.

Thanks for the advice.

Suzanne

Booked this via your link on Hotwire for a one-night stay on (/27/08. Don't believe it's been reported as yet. Here are the amenities:

Boutique Hotel

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool

Business Center

Spa Services.

Got it for $249/night - came to $290.38 with taxes.

Read some reviews on TripAdvisor and they look very positive, so I'm hoping we'll be happy.

Thanks for all your help with this, am glad I finally nailed down a stay in the city at a semi-decent price.

Suzanne

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the board.

Thanks for using our HOTWIRE link and posting your results with the board, helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please give us a review of this property upon your return.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]