LAS Las Vegas Compact Alamo

Wyotraveler
By Wyotraveler,
in

I was able to get a compact rental car through HOTWIRE a few days ago for 09/22/08-09/26/08 with Alamo for the following price: 16.95 x 4 days = 67.80 + 39.36 taxes and fees = $107.16. It looks as though Alamo released some unrented cars at a good rate in just the past few days or Hotwire lowered its prices, as the rate for a compact just last week was $10 more.

The car would have cost $125.47 if I booked it through Alamo.com, as a prepaid reservation. At the time of booking the lowest rate was with Payless for $22 (although is now $18) and would have cost just $120 with the taxes fees using my Perks Member Number.

Also I tried PRICELINE starting at $14 and increasing my bid each day up to $17 with no luck. Was then told to check at Hotwire and I did so using BetterBidding's HOTWIRE link with success. Was also told that if I had waited a few days that I might have gotten a lower price with Priceline, as it seems that rates seem to go down around 30 before the date of the reservation provided there is excess inventory. Not sure if that is true.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]