Priceline Hotel: 2* Lower Fairfield County (Greenwich-Stamford) La Quinta

cmars1010
By cmars1010,
in

I need to go on a business trip in New York City in mid October. I basically am looking for the cheapest possible place (thru PRICELINE) that has cheap public transportation (subway, etc.) that can get me to the times square area in less than 90 minutes. I need to stay one night, I don't really care where it is, I would prefer to only have to take the subway, buy am open to other transportation modes. I stayed in Newark before, I dont really want to do that again, I would prefer a little better area, and Newark required taking the airport shuttle to the airport, then a bus to newark pennstation, then the train to get to NY penn station.

Any ideas on good places to stay outside NYC with good transportation in and good hotel prices thru PRICELINE? Thanks!

I basically am looking for the cheapest possible place (thru PRICELINE) that has cheap public transportation (subway, etc.) that can get me to the times square area in less than 90 minutes... I don't really care where it is... I stayed in Newark before, I dont really want to do that again

Based upon your comments you do actually have some prefernce as to where it is located.

I'm sure it comes down to value (based upon cost, convenience, and travel time)... so that we have a bit more to go on, approximately what type of budget are you considering?

What is the actual date of your stay? Will you have a car? (if so, from where will you be traveling from)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have not decided on my exact dates yet, I am just trying to figure out where to stay. In the next couple of years, I am going to have to make probably monthly trips to NYC, but like I said, I want to do it as cheap as possible. Basically, I want it to be a safe place, close to transportation, as cheap as I can.

As far as value:

cost is the most important thing

convenience, I don't car

travel time, don't care, although I have to factor in cost of transportation to times square.

Basically, I have to fly in to nyc in the morning, go to work for a day, go to the hotel after work, wake up the next morning, back to the times square area by 11am, work, fly home that night. Hopefully I covered everything. I did some looking at the transportation maps, it seems like the metro-north railroad serves a lot of areas, somewhere on that line may be good. Just hoping to maybe get some tips from people more familiar with the area. Thanks!

I have not decided on my exact dates yet...
Rates are date specific, so what may be a good option for one set of dates may be way out of line (budget-wise) for another set of dates.

Let us know once your date(s) are firm and we'll advise accordingly for that particular stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you usually (or will you be) flying into a specific airport? For instance, while you may be able to get a cheap hotel in New Brunswich NJ, it would be silly to arrive at EWR and then travel 45 miles south only to have to travel right back up north to get to the Manhattan.

convenience, I don't car
Not sure if you were stating that you don't care if it's convenient or not OR if 'for convenience, you don't rent a car' (can you confirm... you will not have a car for this stay?)

Do you travel directly from the airport to Manhattan and then from Manhattan to the airport (ie- no need to get from Airport to Hotel). Is there an airport that you typically fly into?

What type of ballpark are you thinking budget-wise?

sorry, I meant I dont care

Also, no car, I will rely on public transportation, but I am ok with walking a couple of miles as long as it is a decent area. I have not booked plane tickets, but I will be going from the airport straight to times square area, then to hotel, then in the morning back to times square area, then back to the airport, so the airport doesn't matter because I will be going to the hotel from times square, and vice-versa.

I don't have a budget, but I am hoping to do it as cheap as possible. If I can get a decent hotel (I am fine with a 2 or 2.5 star, I like those more sometimes because they have a better chance of getting free cont. breakfast and internet) for between 35 and 50 dollars, I would be happy, but if I have to pay more, that is fine.

I will use the PRICELINE link to begin bidding

Thanks

• 3 months later...

I ended up doing pretty well with Stamford, CT. I used the PRICELINE link from this site, and won a bid of 44 dollars for La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford, 1 night, check in on 9/30. It was a nice hotel, about a mile walk from the train station, which was about 40 minutes to the city! Thanks!

La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford 2 Star

Greenwich - Stamford

135 Harvard Avenue

Stamford, Connecticut 06902

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]