Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip South) Monte Carlo

arleighparlay
By arleighparlay,
in

Hello, I am new to priceline and these bidding things.. didnt even know they existed untill today. Anyways, Some friends and I are planning to go to Vegas in a few weeks. I would like to bid on priceline (i have researched and researched on how i should bid and all that and feel am ready to do so), but on priceline, it states that the a credit card would be needed upon checking in the hotel we have won. Problem is, none of us actually has a credit card. I am planning to pay priceline with my girl's credit card who will not be travelling with us. I would call the hotels to check if they would still need the credit cards, problem is..i dont know what hotel i am going to get. I have called treasure island regarding this matter and they said it would be alrite to check in without the credit card anyway.. what do you guys think?? should i bid still or not.. also.. if you can help me with a bidding strategy.. this is what im looking for..

4* North Strip, Sep. 5 - Sep. 7, 2008. Im looking to pay no more than $110 if possible.

Any suggestions or advice would help..Thanks

If you don't have a credit card you will need to have a LARGE cash deposit (i'm guessing $200+ per nite) to leave with the hotel.

The hotel wants to be protected in case you do any damage to the room and/or ensure that they'll be paid for any incidentals (phone calls, minibar, restaurant charges to the room, etc, etc)

Alternately, you may be able to check-in with a credit card of someone else, along with a note and phoot copy of their driver's license, but this would be something you would need to clear with the hotel before your arrival.

Let us know if you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingy.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In your first post (and title) you mention either the North Strip or the South Strip... has this changed you currently only want to bid for the North Strip?

Let us know if you wanted to include both zones or only the North Strip and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow (although i'm guessing $110 may come up just a little bit short)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i see.. well if it was 5* hotel.. i wouldnt mind on either side of the strip.. but 4* hotel i would like to have it on the north side.. by any chance would you happen to know the 4* hotels on the north end.. I really want to try to get a hotel on the middle of the strip either 4* or 5* but if that would just be impossible.. i wouldnt mind on both sides long as it is on the strip. do i start bidding at $110??

Let's take this one step at a time...

Although i think your chances of success are very low, do you want to try for a 5* hotel, either North Strip or South Strip, with a maximum bid of $110? (if this is your maximum bid could you stretch it to $120 for a 5* property?)

Do note that the Trump International has been reported as a 5* property in the North Strip zone, although it is actually slightly off strip... would this be an acceptable outcome?

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy... after that it's at the discretion of the hotel.

You could receive a hotel with only one bed and the hotel would be fufilling their end of the agreement if they were unable, or unwilling, to give you a room with two beds (i'm not sure if the Trump rooms have a pullout couch in them, which may solve the problem for you) OR if they wanted to charge you extra for more than double occupancy.

HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy which ensures sleeping arrangements for everyone in your group, but it usually cost a little more than PRICELINE.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

So to begin, assuming you're fine with both the North and South Strip zones at the 5* level, i'd begin as follows:

At the 5* level you have seven re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* North Strip and South Strip...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

okay.. sorry.. one more thing.. i will actually start bidding after i get some advice from you guys... I want to change my star rating to just 4* .. really i am trying to hit Treasure Island but it doesnt matter as long as its on the strip.. I check the rates for Treasure Island and for 9/5 and 9/6 its $135 each nite.. Would it be possible to get that price down to $100 because I would like to change my max bid to $100 per night..

I am fine with both the north strip and south strip with at least a 4* level... and my max bid would be 100 per night...

it doesnt matter as long as its on the strip

As previously mentioned:

Do note that the Trump International has been reported as a 5* property in the North Strip zone, although it is actually slightly off strip... would this be an acceptable outcome?

This also applies at the 4* level for the South zone (the Westin is slightyl of-strip)... this is the only 'known' 4* hotel in the South zone which this applies to, but there could be other similar hotels in each zone which are slightly off-strip. Would these properties be acceptable outcomes?

If you do book direct please note that we're an affiliate of the Treasure Island and please use our link to begin your purchase if you book direct. I've also researched on i4vegas (and we've recently become an affiliate) as they often have good prices as well and should be checked out.

Let us know regarding the zone issue(s) and we'll take it from there.

At the 4* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* South Strip...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* North Strip...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* South Strip and North Strip...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your win!

While not too much of a savings vs. booking direct, you know that you didn't overbid by much since $85 was rejected previously... sub-$100 is usually pretty good for a 4* hotel on weekend nites.

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the board.

The Monte Carlo has a really nice pool area and an excellent buffet, so (factoring in the relatively cheap weekend rate for a 4* Strip property) I think you've done well. The only downside is the construction work going on at City Centre next door (which put me off staying there in July, but - having visited the hotl- wouldn't bother me now), but it's a small downside really.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]