Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE) Palace Hotel

scruzphreak
By scruzphreak,
in

The Mission District isn't really in any Priceline zone but it's not far from any of the Downtown zones. Civic Center is the nearest zone to Mission District, but the other Downtown zones are only a few blocks farther.

Are you familiar with Hotel Whitcomb at 8th and Market, in Priceline's Civic Center zone? I'm not sure what you mean when you say you're looking for "a special boutique hotel", but for some people the Whitcomb would fill that bill, and it's one of the hotels closest to the Mission District. It's often available on Hotwire at a good price, although I haven't checked your date.

If you prefer a Boutique closer to Union Square someone can provide a strategy for that. What's your bidding limit?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread (we'll move this to the HOTWIRE section of the board if that's what you ultimately decide to do).

Since you never answered any of Colfax's questions, have you give up on PRICELINE?

The HOTWIRE hotel above is a match for the Palace Hotel so that would be our best guess.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 7 months later...

While I realize this is a purchase for a stay in 2008, the Palace Hotel has since been downgraded by Hotwire from 4.5 to 4 stars. Perhaps the title should be changed to reflect the current 4-star rating (as well as be moved to the Hotwire board)? I know it threw me for a loop when I first saw the thread title just now!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]