Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Hilton New York

Chris12
By Chris12,
in

I've been bidding on MTW/MTE/TS for Thursday October 9th to Monday October 13th for the past couple weeks with no success. As of today I have bid up to 240$ with no luck. Since it still is a month and a half away would I be better to wait awhile before bidding any higher? Any chance I would have better luck closer to the date or should I keep increasing my price now?

I have a backup reserved for about 330$ per night, so I am still willing to go a little higher yet.

Prices of other hotels for my dates are:

Hilton New York $379, Sheraton Hotel and Towers $419, Grand Hyatt $394, Omni Berkshire Place $392, W New York $429, Hilton Times Square $449, Millennium Broadway $399.

Thanks!!

Where is your back-up?

How about the Fitzpatrick Grand Central for $307/nite or the Fitzpatrick for $314/nite... both thru Quickbook (please use this link). You can read review of each HERE and HERE respectively.

Also, i think the Thursday nite may be tripping you up a bit... is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Back-up was at Hampton Inn Madison Square, it was actually for 340$ per night. However, today I found a great deal through travelzoo which works out to an average of 250$ per night for the Millennium Broadway. I was super excited to find this rate, for what should be a better hotel, in a better location.

I think I will lay off PRICELINE for awhile now, maybe try later in September if rates seem to be decreasing.... otherwise 250$ seems to be a very good rate for my stay right now!!

As for splitting our bid, I really do not want to do that.... I think I would rather pay slightly more than have the hassle of switching hotels, especially since we are not there for that long either....don't want to have to waste time with that.

• 1 month later...

I've been bidding my dates off and on for the past few months now. Bid last night MTW/TS up to $185 with no success at all. Tried one last time tonight and got the Hilton New York for $140/night! Huge savings over my cancellable back-up I had booked.

Thursday October 9 - Monday October 13, 2008

Hilton New York

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]