Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Airport MCO) Hyatt at Orlando Airport

zoischa
By zoischa,
in

Current plan is to fly back late on 10/25 (Sat) but was thinking of changing flight to 10/26 (Sun) if I could find a cheap enough hotel near the airport since the rental car is paid up until Sun and we would love the extra hours in Orlando Sat. night. If I don't find an inexpensive hotel I will just keep my flight res. for Sat. so no back up needed. Here are my bids so far:

bid $45, rejected

added Kissimmee, bid $48, rejected

added Orlando east, bid $51, rejected

added Sand Lake, bid $54, rejected

At that point I gave up since it wound up being $75 with the fees and it didn't seem worth it for the few extra hours in Orlando Sat. night.

I will try again in the next week. Lots of free rebid zones in Orlando if you are going for a 3*. Will keep you posted and yes, I used the betterbidding link for PRICELINE.

If you try HOTWIRE there is a 3* hotel in the MCO Airport zone (Shuttle, Pool, Fitness, Internet, Business) for $69 which is a match for the Wingate Inn so that would be our best guess. Assuming this is correct, the hotel gets very good reviews if that is of interest to you at all.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated with any decisions/progress you make... or if we can be of further help.

PS- any reason to stay close to the airport? the WDW zones are usually pretty inexpensive in this region

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow, I had no idea hotels near WDW were so inexpensive on HOTWIRE. What looks like the 3* Radisson (Disney Gate - Celebration) is going for $32. If I change my flight to Sunday then I will be taking the first flight which is around 7:30 am. That is the reason I was looking for an airport hotel. It may be worth it to stay near WDW and just leave a bit earlier to catch a flight. I understand it's 30 minute drive from there to the airport?

I'm not sure if there is an unaswered question above, so if there is please ask it again.

Let us know what you end up doing or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

I did change my flight to Sunday for late morning so my drive time to the airport that day has more flexibility. I now need to decide where we will spend the day Saturday (will be coming off a Disney cruise Saturday morning) and that will determine in what region I will need a hotel. No question for now. I will make a decision in the next week or so and I will post my win then. Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

I finally booked a room but used HOTWIRE and not PRICELINE. I decided on the airport so I could avoid the cost of the second day for the rental car and use the hotel shuttle. Not sure how to post this since I want to keep it in the same thread but do not know how to change headlines (sorry). Booked via HOTWIRE link. I figured it was the Hyatt based on this site plus trip advisor rating and figured it was worth a few extra $$ to be right in the airport. The price has been fluctuating every day so I booked now in case it went up again. Price on hotel website for this night is $189.

4* Hyatt MCO, 10/25-10/26/08 (1 night), $79

Hotel rate per night: $79.00

Tax recovery charges and fees: $15.89

TotalPrice: $94.89

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport

9300 Airport Boulevard

Orlando, Florida 32827

Amenities listed:

shuttle, fitness, pool, restaurant, business center, high-speed internet

Trip Advisor rating = 4.5

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you were successful and received the hotel you were hoping for.

No problem on the 'board maintenance' issues... we'll edit the topic title to reflect your win and more the entire thread to the HOTWIRE section of the board.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]