Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) W City Center

tlocher
By tlocher,
in

We are going to Chicago on September 12 for two nights. We want a 4* hotel in either the North Michigan or Loop/Grant Park areas.

I used the PRICELINE link on this site and had the following bids rejected:

1. I started with NMA $75 - Rejected

2. Added Loop/Grant $85 - Rejected

3. Added Midway $95 - Rejected

4. Added Lincoln $105 - Rejected

Any other ideas? I'm assuming Lincoln has no 4* hotels but I'm not sure I can confirm that? Cann I add Skokie? the list on this site shows a 4* in that area so I'm nervous about adding that area as it's not one we want to be stuck in.

Thanks!

Don't use the hotel lists on the board to determine your re-bid zones.

The property way to determine your re-bid zones is outlined in this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Please read the above and feel free to ask any questions that you have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board. If you read the above and are confused just post back and we'll take it one step at a time.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We wanted to be in either NMA or Loop/Grant park and looked like 4* hotels (last bid rejected at $140) were going to be out of our priceline so we downgraded to a 3* (by using PRICELINE link from this site) with this strategy:

1. NMA - $85- rejected

2. Added Lincoln - $105 - Rejected

Looked like Lincon Park was the only other zone without a 3* so we started over with:

1. Loop/Grant - $105 - Rejected

2. Added Lincon - $125 - Rejected

We really would like to stay under $150/room and stay in NMA or Loop/Grant Park. In the past I have been able to get 4* hotels in these zones for under $100. Not the case, even with 3* on these dates. Anyone know what's going on in Chicago this weekend? Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!

There is a Celtic Festival this weekend... couldn't find out the number of attendees, but it appears to be 'decent size' and that is a guess as to what is causing the higher than ususal prices. With this noted, i do think you have a chance at a 4* if you're willing to go up to your maximum bid of $150.

If you need help with a bidding strategy feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, I'll take you up on that offer. Using your price.link link I tried another time and failed with the following:

1. NMA - $155 - rejected

2. Added Lincoln - $165 - rejected

3. Added Midway - $175 - rejected

I stopped there for the time being as this is approaching our maxium ($200) we'd spend on a 4* hotel.

Again, we'd prefer 4* in either NMA or Grant Park/Loop. If we had too we'd go down to a 3* hotel to stay in these zones but I wasn't having much luck there either (see above). So, if you have some ideas I'd be grateful.

Thanks again!

Tim

HOTWIRE has a 4* in the Loop for $189 - fitness, business, restaurant, internet - which would appear to be a match for the Palmer House.

Please use the site's link to HOTWIRE if this is of interest.

Orbitz.com has the Hampton Inn and Suites in the River North area for $219. Use coupon code FABSAVE10 for 10% off, bringing the total to about $200. 3* hotel, but great location and free breakfast.

Please use the site's link to Orbitz.com if this is of interest.

Thanks, I'll take you up on that offer. Using your price.link link I tried another time and failed with the following:

1. NMA - $155 - rejected

2. Added Lincoln - $165 - rejected

3. Added Midway - $175 - rejected

I stopped there for the time being as this is approaching our maxium ($200) we'd spend on a 4* hotel.

Again, we'd prefer 4* in either NMA or Grant Park/Loop.

It doesn't appear you included the Loop zone in your bidding above... is there a reason why?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your bidding/purchases.

With HOTWIRE showing a 4* hotel available in the Loop i would think it would be advantageous to try your previous strategy including the Loop... assuming a 4* hotel is still your first choice. (and it doesn't appear you previously bid up to $175 in the Loop zone)

Is that the case or are you looking for a 3* property now and no longer interested in a 4* hotel in the Loop?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll suggest a strategy accordingly.

Do you want a 3* with a maximum bid of $150 or $160? (you mention both above)

Also, be cautious regarding using HOTWIRE hotels as your back-up... once you decide you need them it could potentially disappear on you and no longer be offered (or the rate could jump substantially)

Yes, at this point our preference would be a 3* NMA hotel with a max bid of $150-$160.

Thank you!

Went back to a 4* bid and was successful at $195 using the following strategy:

1. Bid 4* $160 - Loop/Grant Park - rejected

2. Priceline offered free rebid to $185 - rejected

3. Added NMA - $195 - Won the W Hotel - City Center.

I used the PRICELINE link on this website for my purchase.

Thanks for the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]