CA San Francisco Airport Sheraton Burlingame

bbbb
By bbbb,
in

Stayed here last night and was very happy with the room.I was told at the desk that the reservation was for smoking but they had no problem changing that to nonsmoking.

They charge $13 a night for parking,if it were me I would just park in the restaurant lot (Kincaid's)behind the hotel.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was nice and clean.

There was two hair dryers in the room,one in the closet that had a tag that said if you remove it from you will be charged $50.At first we thought the last guest had left it.

Bathroom was clean and had a lot of nice bath products along with star bucks coffee.

This was a great hotel for the $35 I paid

• 3 weeks later...

Same as above, nice place with decent rooms. Had to change mine, however, as it faced the wind and was so loud that I could not sleep even after traveling for 24 hours. Make sure you get a room NOT facing the airport when it's windy.

Parking is as mentioned above, but right behind the hotel there is a public park where you can park for free between 4pm and 11 am IIRC. Just drive past the hotel and enter the next street, follow that to the end and you are there.

Wanted to spend money at the hotel for a breakfast buffet but was told they do not offer something like that - a strange thing for a airport-hotel if you ask me. The regular menu could not convince me, so I lokked for and found a Denny's several miles away.

Greetings - Dirk

The best thing about this hotel: the Sweet Sleeper bed!

We were given a non-smoking room facing the freeway/airport, but had no problems with noise. Even though we didn't eat there, the hotel DOES serve a breakfast buffet now.

Minor problem: the airport shuttle only runs every 30 minutes, so you've gotta' time your departure right. We missed ours and walked over to the Embassy Suites to catch their shuttle which runs every 5-10 minutes.

Nice setting... Along the waterfront. Perfect for strolling!

DeltaPurser :)

• 2 years later...

I completed a 1-night stay at the Sheraton Gateway in Burlingame on September 27-28, 2006 with a winning Priceline bid of $88.

The hotel is located about 10 minutes from the SFO airport on Airport Boulevard in Burlingame. This area is full of airport hotels including the Crowne Plaza, Doubletree, and Hilton Garden Inn. There is no street parking anywhere, but there are many lots for airport parking (starting from $7/day). The hotel is not that simple to find (involves multiple poorly-marked turns off the 101) so it was very helpful to have brought directions with me. The building itself is old and pales in comparison to the other hotels in the area, including the beautiful Hyatt (also a Priceline 4* in this zone). There was significant construction to the front of the hotel as the hotel is renovating what looked like a fountain in front of the hotel. The jackhammer started making noise at about 8:00am in the morning. I didn

• 2 years later...

Won this for $83 on Hotwire for 2 nights, May 23-25 (Memorial Day weekend). Was hoping for the Embassy Suites but needed to book for the holiday weekend.

We arrived late Saturday night and there was no one at the check-in desk. I had to hunt someone up--took about 5 minutes and by that time several others were waiting to check in as well. As other posters have mentioned, parking is a robust $18 a night. Too bad it's not even "good" parking--the parking lot is underneath the building. I don't know how to describe it well, but it's underneath the building without being actually underground, and still manages to be open-air. It's very dimly lit, and we were not amused to find a couple having sex on the hood of a car our second night there.

The hotel is older, but appears to have been recently renovated. The room was nice, full of blonde wood and a bit stark. It was comfortable, particularly the lounge chair and ottoman near the window.

The worst part about the hotel is its location. There's NOTHING nearby in the way of shops or restaurants, and you really need a car if you don't want to eat your meals at the hotel. This is probably the southernmost SFO hotel, although I could be wrong.

It wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't stay here again unless I got a really, really good rate.

• 2 years later...

Just completed a one night stay here (now a Hilton) in August 2011. In my opinion, this hotel is not 4* quality. The room was OK but the bathroom was very old, tired, and outdated feeling. It wasn't particularly clean, either (dried water spots on the counter and dirty/discolored grout in the shower).

Parking is very expensive, especially given the hotel's location, at $18/day. But there is an airport parking lot next to the hotel that charges $9/day and had an open gate leading into the hotel's parking lot when we were there. Basically - half price parking if you park next door at the "airport" lot and are willing to walk a few extra feet.

In short, there isn't anything particularly terrible about this hotel, but the rooms and especially bathrooms are definitely not 4* quality and you should not pay 4* prices to stay here. Honestly, the rooms at this Hilton are no better than your typical budget hotel (La Quinta, etc.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]