Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Omni Shoreham

MisterBill
By MisterBill,
in

Needed a room for next Monday night, I have Tuesday covered thanks to Days Inn's price guarantee free night policy. Decided to try for someplace nice since the other night is free. We have to be in College Park, MD for a school tour on Tuesday morning so Adams Morgan area seemed convenient (plus good restaurants for dinner).

I had not been able to find anything decent below $150+ even with my corporate discount. Decided to try $70 on my first bid for 4* in Dupont Circle-Woodley Park, figured I'd bid it up after that. Much to my surprise (shock), it was accepted. I do see that there was an accepted bid posted here from several months ago for $69, but I figured I would have to go up to $80 to be accepted.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $70.00

Subtotal: $70.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $17.52

Total Charges*: $87.52

They're even offering to extend it a second night for the same price but I'd rather have the free room at DI. Hotels.com price for the Omni is $186. I just signed up for their frequent guest program

I used your PRICELINE link.

Oops, I guess I needed to include a date range for it to show up in the calendar and cannot edit the title. Please correct it for me. Thanks.

I just stayed at this hotel a few days ago. I LOVED it. It was very easy to drive into and the metro stop is a very short block away. Only valet was available for parking though, so plan on close to $30 for parking. The Select Guet program entitles you to complementary room service beverages in the morning. That was great. Also free wireless.

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the board.

Looks like a very nice deal and based upon the comments from my3kids sound like it will be a very nice stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info. I signed up for Select Guest and had noticed the free Wifi but not the free beverages. I think we may just go to the zoo and skip the Metro.

I read a review somewhere that suggested that street parking was available and the parking ticket cost less than a day of parking at the hotel. I'll see, although even $30 for parking at the hotel isn't that bad with the price I paid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]