Priceline Hotel: 3* Lower Fairfield (Greenwich-Stamford) Marriott

baslerin
By baslerin,
in

I'm so happy to have discovered this site to read about the ins & outs of PL - i've previously been to skeptical to use PL. So after surfing a bit on BB, i've decided to give PL a try for a hotel in NYC and a rental car for Oct 2004.

In figuring out a bid price, I just want to ensure that the total price that i get from PL is the total amount i'll have to pay. I know NYC charges a $2.00 pd occupancy tax, which would be bearable, but i don't want to get a hit with an extra 13% tax charge. Same with the rental car - you know how they always add extra charges.

Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks! :)

Baslerin, there's a final bidding screen before you have irrevocably placed your bid that shows total charges including taxes and fees. There are sometimes other charges (the $2/day city charge might not be included or resort fees in certain resort zones) but these are the exception not the rule. You can also back in and out of that screen changing your potential bid to get an idea of actual costs and how they change. That's part of my standard bid preparation - making a spreadsheet of an array of potential bids and their taxes/fees and total for all nights - here's an example of one I have for a six night stay in London.

Bid $65.00 $70.00 $75.00

Subtotal: $390.00 $420.00 $450.00

Taxes/Service Fees: $79.80 $85.49 $91.20

Total Charges: $469.80 $505.49 $541.20

Nightly total cost $78.30 $84.25 $90.20

It gives me a better idea of what I'm really bidding.

Good luck!

Thanks for your quick advice!

I couldn't stand it and went ahead and bid. No luck for NYC because i'm a chicken & bidding low.

But i did win my bid for for a night in Stamford, CT (as part of our whole NY/ New England trip).

I got a 3 * for Oct 2004:

Offer price: $60.00

Taxes/fees: $14.12

Total: $74.12

The hotel is the Marriott Stamford - good reviews from Travelocity & tripadvisor.com.

The cheapest price i found online for the same hotel (including on lowestfare.com) is $107 before taxes.

So i'm feeling pretty thrilled with my first PL bid. The hotel has already confirmed my reservation & room requests. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]