Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip South) Westin

greatrockies
By greatrockies,
in

Hi guys - Need bid assistance in securing 5* either on strip south or north and my range would be 100-150. I may go little bit higher ($160) for 5* strip south. And am aware of the fact that i may end up with Trump in the north strip. should i bid separatly in these zones or together and what would be my bid strategy?

Cheers.

You have seven re-bid zones at the 5* level in Las Vegas. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 5* South Strip...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

(NOTE: remember one of the re-bid zones available that you didn't use)

Select 5* North Strip...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* South and North Strip...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150.

(NOTE: don't use the re-bid zones you're 'saving' from the first South zone bidding)

If you want to go high for the South Strip only...

Select 5* South Strip and a re-bid zone that you didn't use above...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165

You can stop wherever you'd like but i went up to $165 (rather than the $160 you stated since there was recently a winning bid around this price for a 5* in the South zone)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thereuare - No luck so far with the above Strategy. I even went on to bid till 175 both in north zone and south zone together. Either i am trying priceline so advance given that this is las vegas or simply hotels are busy on my requested dates of stay. But i will keep trying till labour day. I am keep getting the counter offer of 216 for 5* north zone for the last one week. Trying almost everyday.

Hey i have noticed Trump for 143+taxes on Skoosh.com for my dates. Does anyone have any experience booking with Skoosh.com and cancellations as they does not seem to have any phone line for direct contact to customer service?

Would love to hear from anyone who have used skoosh.com and hows their experience? I don't want to fall victim of some credit card scam!!!:)

I'm not familair with them, but EasyClickTravel / LastMinuteTravel has an 'opaque' 5* for $143/nite believed to be the Trump and i'd sooner book thru them (even though we're no longer affiliated with them... although working on changing that) than the above company which i'm not familiar with.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the alternative. I will definitely book with last mintue travel if i won't have any luck hitting 5* in south zone. Do you think any chance of hitting THEHotel around 165 as i get more closer to my requested dates in las vegas? I am not sure all these 5*'s will get sold out on my requested dates unless there is a big convention/event going on. Just noticed today that counter offer came down from 216 to 188 for 5* in north zone. Seems like prices are falling and i will try 2 more weeks.

I would jump on the price found above, 143 checked the calender as I will be there again the next weeked after you, and over 30k people in town for conventions on one or more of the dates you listed, which may contribute to the price. I have often bid for the most expensive or, busiest day, whether the first or last, then turned around and bid for the less busy days and came out better, but beware, that doesn't always work out the way you want, meaning, getting the same hotel...

http://lvcva.com/meetings/convention-calendar.jsp

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys for all your help.

Just want to share my bidding experience for 5* hotels on the strip with all my fellow travelers that prices does go down as you approach your stay dates. Based on the busy convention schedule on my stay dates i was unable to get 5* south even for 195 and never got any counter offer.

As for 5* north goes (most probably trumph) proposed offers kept going down from 214, 188, 166 and i would have most probaly got it around 150.

As i did the bidding till last minute (25 sep) my priority changed and went for 4* south. Even though i kept an eye on 4* zone as well as i was looking for 5* hotels.

4* north kept proposing the 5* trumph price. but 4* south kept coming down from $140, 125, 112 and finally i got the 4* Las Vegas (Strip South) Westin Casuarina for $100. ( I was totally aware of getting westin but i hoped for Monte carlo) (26th to 28th)

now 2 words about westin, its location is right in the middle of strip but other than that its just a hotel to stay for night and it is not up to the 4* standards.

Good luck fellows with your bidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]