IL Chicago Suburbs Sheraton Suites Elk Grove Arlington Heights

lindabobhat
By lindabobhat,
in

Stayed here for a long weekend won for $33 a night on Priceline. Rooms have been recently renovated - small 2 room suites with flat panel TV's in bedroom and living area. Nice modern furnishings with leather accents (including a leather wall behind the bed, which was very comfy once I removed the down comforter that weighed a ton and looked a little dirty.) Mini-fridge stocked with mini-bar items for a charge but some room leftover for your own items. No microwave despite the fact there was plenty of room to set one up on the counter next to the coffeemaker or in the cabinet next to the fridge. Starbucks coffee for the single cup coffee maker (complete with "go" cups.) Windows in bedroom actually opened a little - was nice to get a little fresh air. Most of the common areas in this hotel were being renovated when we stayed, including the indoor pool and hot tub. Thankfully it was a sunny weekend and the outdoor pool was open. All new lounge chairs and other furnishings by the pool. Lovely landscaping as well. Too bad the pool is right under a flight pattern for O'Hare Airport - if it weren't for the planes flying overhead every few minutes, we might have forgotten how close we were to the city. Ordered room service a couple of times - food was good (not spectacular), service was quick - about 20 minutes each time we called. Typical exhorbitant room service charges, but when I pay $33 a night for a room, I can order one meal a day and still pay less for room & food combined compared to what most people pay for the room alone. And it's always a treat when I'm traveling with my kids and don't feel like dragging them out to a restaurant after a long day at the pool : ) Once the renovations are complete, I'm sure this will be a great property. Even with the renovations in progress, I was very pleased with the value for the price I paid - was an excellent close to home getaway for the weekend! Nice proximity to Woodfield Mall and easy access to I-90 if you want to go downtown. Lots of good restaurants within a 10 minute drive - we checked out the Weber Grill by Woodfield one night and Blackie's another.

• 8 months later...

We stayed here in March of 2009 and have several times before. The hotel is very nice, clean, and modern.

There is an indoor pool area with a hot tub and comfy lounge chairs. There is also a nice outdoor pool but I have yet to go during the appropriate season.

They are a pet friendly hotel (up to 75 pounds) and we actually took our chocolate lab with us. They were very accommodating.

Great safe area in close proximity to Woodfield Mall and plenty (did I say PLENTY) of shopping and dining choices. IKEA and the like.

Great rates on HOTWIRE usually....I believe our last stay was in the $35 range!! Simply unbeatable!

• 3 months later...

Renovations are complete and this is a tasty treat for travellers. The lobby is well appointed and has free wifi and internet access (you'll need to pay extra to use wifi in the room), fresh cookies at the front desk, a bar, a restaurant and several conference rooms. There's an indoor pool, an outdoor pool and a workout room. Although the hotel itself is inside an office park and a little hard to find, it is very close to shopping (Woodfield Mall), restaurants, and the expressway into downtown Chicago.

The staff was friendly - at the end of the day they insisted that I take all the remaining cookies :) - and the rooms are very comfy. By 'suite' they really mean a large single room divided in two by glass doors, but that's okay. There is a flat screen TV in both rooms and plenty of premium channels, including one all-Japanese channel. The front desk said all rooms have a fridge and a microwave even though the website says 'microwave available upon request'. These are housed in a dark wood cabinet with an elegant granite top. Everything was clean and slick. At a rack rate of at least $120, the Priceline winning bid of $35 is a great bargain.

• 1 year later...

Won on Hotwire for $45. Well worth the value. The hotel has a pool, whirlpool, fitness center and free internet use downstairs. The rooms come with a fridge and microwave (inside cabinet). The rooms are split in two and tended to seem a little awkward. The hotel is conveniently located near shopping in Schaumburg and I-90 to go to Chicago.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]