AZ Phoenix Thunderbird Suites Scottsdale

harusame
By harusame,
in

Our stay was the evening of the 4th of July, 2008. The building is an older building. I would classify this hotel as a two star, a 2.5 max. The air conditioner in the room was off when we arrived. The bedroom never really cooled down. This was the hottest time of the year for Phoenix.

The two double bed suite with sleeper sofa accommodated my husband, our four children and myself. The beds were comfortable. The linens were a fairly decent cotton...possibly percale. The bathroom had barely enough space to swing the door into. The kitchenette had a microwave, mini fridge, sink, cups, plates and cutlery. However, no dish soap.

Customer service was adequate. The agent at the front desk was not overly friendly or remote...simply reserved. My husband had to go to the front desk to obtain sheets for the sleeper sofa. We did not stay for the breakfast, thus, I have no way to rate the food.

The hotel is in a business section that is fairly dark and deserted at night. We arrived rather late and I was faintly disturbed by the darkness of the area. In the morning, the area looks quite different. I saw I really had no real need for concern...in terms of safety.

If you are used to upscale chains with modern buildings, subtle fragrances, emphasis on customer service, state of the art technology and appliances, this property may fall short of the mark for you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]