Priceline Hotel: Bidding Assistance -FLL Aiport

myb8089
By myb8089,
in

At the 3* level you only have one re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

With time on your side i would begin with:

Select 3* FLL Airport...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50.

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected just post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

24 hours from your last rejected bid i'd re-try:

Select 3* FLL Airport...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60.

... this will take you up to your stated $60 maximum bid mentioned above.

Any questions feel free to ask... let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just checked hotwire.

in fll airport, offering

3* - comp bkfst, laundry, fitness. bus ctr, hi speed int (i am thinking this is either sheraton or hilton)$79

3.5* - all above, plus tennis crt nrby, restaurant $92 (the sheraton?)

2.5* - pool, bus ctr, hi speed int - what is this?? $59

I am just wondering why my bids were not accepted when these figures are pretty low? i am asking for a 3* at 60, why is that not ok when hotwire is offering that at 79???

Help!

i am asking for a 3* at 60, why is that not ok when hotwire is offering that at 79?

Because $60 is still lower than $79... and by nearly 25%. As well, the amenities of the 3* hotel above appear to be more inline with a 2.5* property on PRICELINE, so you're not comparing apples-to-apples. If you go on that basis and use the price of the 3.5* HOTWIRE hotel ($92) then you're looking for a nearly 35% disount from HOTWIRE prices... and HOTWIRE is usually not that much more expensive than PRICELINE. Another scenario is that the HOTWIRE hotel doesn't have a contract with PRICELINE, so it may not even be an option when bidding on PRICELINE (not saying that's the case here, but another possibility)

There are also times when HOTWIRE beats PRICELINE (although it's usually the other way around)

2.5* Courtyard Airport and Cruise Port (400 Gulf Stream Way)

2.5* Springhill Suites

2* Springhill Suites (now Stirling Suites... not yet reported as priceline participant)

Could you please explain the discrepancy - are the springhill suites 2.5 or 2*?

what are my chances getting the 2.5* one if it exists?

i don't mind the courtyard, but i'm not sure about the reviews on the springhill suites.....

It actually appears in the hotel list as:

2.5* Courtyard Airport and Cruise Port (400 Gulf Stream Way)

2.5* Springhill Suites

2* Springhill Suites (now Stirling Suites... not yet reported as priceline participant)

So the 2* Springhill Suites became a Stirling Suites and was never reported to the board.

Then they opened antoher Springhill Suites in the zone which is rated 2.5* (although further research it appears that they re-took over the property from Stirling Suites)... bottom line is that the hotel list is current as the last report of the Springhill Suites in this zone is 2.5*.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]