TPA Tampa Economy Alamo

elevensecondv6
By elevensecondv6,
in

Trying to find the cheapest car rental for Tampa airport.Picking up Oct.17th at 4:00 P.M. and returning Nov.7th Nov.8th at 4:00 P.M.I tried bidding on Priceline and this is what the response was:

Unfortunately, our Name Your Own Price service was unable to locate an available rental car for the area and dates you selected.

They didn't say anything about my bid being to low just that they were unable to locate an available rental car for the area and dates I selected.I was surprised that they were unable to locate a car for the location and times I needed it.Maybe I am still to far out to bid right now.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

I wouldn't read too much into the rejection message... somebody reported such a message the other day and i think it's just a variation of a rejection letter.

How much did you bid and for what car class?

What is the best rate you're able to see thru HOTWIRE and thru the Car Rental Rate Checker?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With a successful $15 PRICELINE bid what would the "all-in" price be? What is the daily rate of the HOTWIRE and Car Rental Rate Checker before fees and taxes (otherwise there is no way to compare your bid above to a traditionally booked rental)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to update my post.I had kind of given up on getting a good price on Priceline so I hadn't checked for quite awhile.Just on a whim before I went to bed lastnight I went to try and bid on a car on Priceline again.Not even thinking I would be successful since I usually am not I bid $15.00 for an economy car and was accepted the first try.Usually I get rejected over and over.I was surprised to say the least.Now I wonder if I should have bid lower the first time.

Here are the details:

Your Offer Price: $15.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 22 days

Subtotal: $330.00

Taxes and Fees: $134.89

Total Charges: $464.89

Lowest Published Price: $1336.97

Total Savings:* $872.08 (You saved 65%)

Thanks for all the replies and keep up the good work.This is a Great Site !!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]