Hotwire Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Glendale-Burbank-Universal City) Holiday Inn Burbank

DisneyFanatic
By DisneyFanatic,
in

This is for two adults and two children for 8/13 to 8/14

1) 2-star hotel in Glendale - Burbank - Universal City w/ pool, restaurant, laundry

2) 2-star hotel in Hollywood - West Hollywood no amenities

3) 2.5-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX w/ shuttle, gym, pool, laundry, high-speed internet

4) 3.5-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX w/ shuttle, gym, swimming pool, restaurants, business center, high-speed internet, SPA

5) 2.5-star hotel in Glendale - Burbank - Universal City w/ shuttle, pool, restaurant

6) 3-star hotel in Glendale - Burbank - Universal City w/ shuttle, fitness center, swimming, restaurant, laundry, high-speed interenet

Identifying hotels is somewhat time consuming. Are you able to identify 2 or 3 hotels out of those 6 that interest you most? We'll look at those first and if none of those suit you we can look at the others after. Thanks.

I can say that the 2* with no amenities is probably a Travelodge or EconoLodge or something like that.

Yes I can definitely do that.

1) 2-star hotel in Glendale - Burbank - Universal City w/ pool, restaurant, laundry

2) 2.5-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX w/ shuttle, gym, pool, laundry, high-speed internet

3) 3.5-star hotel in LA Intl Airport LAX w/ shuttle, gym, swimming pool, restaurants, business center, high-speed internet, SPA

Thank you!

The LAX 3.5* looks like a match for the Radisson LAX.

I'm not sure about the 2.5* at LAX but with a TripAdvisor rating of 2.5 (out of 5) I would probably avoid it, especially since it's only $10 less than the 3.5* hotel with a 3.5 TripAdvisor rating. ($84 vs $94.)

Again, I'm not sure about the 2* in Glendale-Burbank-Universal City, but maybe thereuare will have some ideas.

If you still want ID's on the other hotels let us know.

If you purchase something please use this HOTWIRE link and let us know what you get.

Any hotel in LAX zone will be far from Universal Studios. What you want is the Glendale-Burbank-Universal City zone ONLY. HOTWIRE often gives you hotel options in zones or cities adjacent to your named destination. You should just ignore everything other than G-B-U zone for now.

My suggestion is that we start fresh tomorrow, focussing on G-B-U zone. Recheck HOTWIRE tomorrow and post the G-B-U options that you see, along with the prices. The options might be different than what you found yesterday. Someone will try to identify the current hotels then.

thereuare will move this thread to the Hotwire-LA board when he sees it, so look there if you can't find your thread in this section tomorrow.

2-star hotel in Glendale - Burbank - Universal City Swimming, Restaurant, Laundry $72

2.5-star hotel in Glendale - Burbank - Universal City Shuttle Swimming Restaurant $99

3-star hotel in Glendale - Burbank - Universal City Airport Shuttle, Swimming, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access $104

The 3* looks like the Holiday Inn Burbank-Media Center. Regular price is $170.95 on 8/13, so not a bad deal at $104.

I'm less certain of the 2.5* but my best guess is the Ramada Inn Burbank Airport. TripAdvisor rating is 2.5 out of 5 and reviews not very good.

I don't know what the 2* is but probably an EconoLodge or Travelodge type hotel.

I know you need two beds so Priceline, which only guarantees one bed, would be a gamble. If you feel like gambling I think you could probably win a PRICELINE 3* in the zone for $75 or less.

Please let us know what you ultimately decide to do, even if it's not on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]