Priceline Hotel: NYC - help for a 4* - 8/5/08 - 8/8/8

JB0715
By JB0715,
in

I am willing to go up to $250...for whatever reason August 5th and 6th seem to be tough nights when I check normal hotel websites.....Hotwire has a 3* in Times Square for $268 a night....couldn't find out which one that was by taking a quick look at the Hotwire forum. I am interested in: Downtown/Soho would be first..MTE second, Times Square third and MTW fourth. Any ideas on what I might get?.....I guess I'd be willing to look at a 3* if I had to as the prices for hotels in New York have gone sky high. Thanks.

Edit: I just added Downtown as number one as my buddy from Brooklyn would prefer me in that area.

The 3* Hotwire is possibly the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square or the Washington Jefferson, but the WJ is the most likely hotel in this case.

Alternate ideas for about the same price average:

These are certainly tough dates, but I did come up with a few various plans. They do involve splitting your stay, as it's difficult to find a deal at a hotel for all 3 days together.

1. Travelzoo special for the Duane Street Hotel for 8/7-8/8 (it is only valid Th-Su, so 8/7 would be the only date it would work) for $249 + free breakfast. Link: http://hotels.travelzoo.com/new-york-hotels/439601

2. Club Quarters Downtown for $289 on Orbitz.com. Use coupon code SUMMERFAM for 10% off per night. Please use the site's link to Orbitz.com.

Midtown:

1. Hotwire has a 3* MTS for $189 w/Fitness, Kitchenette, Laundry that appears to be the Murray Hill Suites. Please use the site's link to HOTWIRE.

2. Hotwire has a 3.5* Boutique in the Midtown Central area for $309 for 8/5-7. $309 (the price you see may differ slightly.) This may be the Shoreham (?) Please use the site's link to HOTWIRE.

$309 x 2 + $189 = $807 / 3 = $269 per night.

Also:

Desmond Tutu Center for $207 for 8/5-7 on Quikbook.com. Free breakfast. Please use the site's link to Quikbook.com

Hotel Metro for $210 for 8/7-8 via Orbitz.com. Use coupon code SUMMERFAM for 10% off per night. Please use the site's link to Orbitz.com. Another option for 8/7-8 is the Dylan Hotel via Orbitz for $279 or the Fitzpatrick Grand Central for $259 via Orbitz - 10% for the SUMMERFAM coupon code. Please use the site's link to Orbitz.com.

Excellent information...thank you for that. I hadn't thought of splitting up my days, but I am more than open to that. Of course I will use all your links when I am ready for my purchase. There is an off chance I will actually stay in Brooklyn at the Comfort Inn on Butler Street. I just can't grasp spending $200+ a night at a Comfort Inn, but on the whole I guess it is what it is. Thank you again!

We also have a direct link to the Comfort Inn in the support page... but i wouldn't recommend spedning that kinds of money to stay in Brooklyn when you have similarly priced options directly in Manhattan.

Not sure where in Brookly you need to go, but Quikbook's Desmond Tutu is about a 10 minute walk to the A/C subway line which goes to Brooklyn... could be convenient if that's the line you need to be near.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links (or any of the links in the support page) once you decide which route you'd like to go.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My friend actually lives four blocks from that Comfort Inn....using the link over to Orbitz, the rooms there are $192....on Comfort Inn's own site, it looks like $219.......I will probably give it one more go with PRICELINE....I was denied up to $220 last night. Brooklyn definitely makes it easier in regard to arriving at JFK and leaving out of LGA.....this trip is just for fun and it might add to the experience by staying in Brooklyn as I've been to New York many times, but really have never been to Brooklyn...we'd just spend more time in the subway....granted, I'd rather be at the Marriott Marquis or Hilton where I used to stay at a max of $169 from their own web sites, but that was 5+ years ago....anyway, thanks again.

Okay, just booked the Brooklyn Bridge Comfort Inn with the Orbitz link and used the SUMMERFAM coupon. Thank you! Everything looks good....I am still able to cancel for a $25 fee, so I just wanted to get this in the bag and now I can still attempt to check HOTWIRE and PRICELINE over the next week. I am still amazed at what the rates are for New York...must be due to the low dollar and people coming in from Europe.....anyway, I will update if anything changes. Thanks again!

I just can't grasp spending $200+ a night at a Comfort Inn, but on the whole I guess it is what it is. Thank you again!

last fall, rates were as high as $350 at this property for some dates.....you will be close to the Park Slope neighborhood with plenty of new restaurants and bars with outdoor seating and some with open courtyards, its a real scene.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]