Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall-Financial) Hilton Financial

PatrickH
By PatrickH,
in

3* hotel in Quincy Market - Financial District, Ammenities: gym, restaurant, internet. Looking through other posts, this seems to be the Holiday Inn Beacon Hill.

I did searches on Hotwire for Sat-Mon (8/2-4) and also Sat-Sun (8/2-3) and Sun-Mon (8/3-4).

Sat-Mon: $189 per room per night

Sun-Mon: $89 per room per night

Sat-Sun: $203 per room per night

So for the 2-night stay it would be $378 vs. $292 (savings of $86) for booking the two nights separately.

I have a couple questions about this:

-is Hotwire usually more expensive for 2-night stays vs. 1-night stays?

-is this hotel definitely the Holiday Inn?

-if I do purchase them separately and they are both for the Holiday Inn, do you think I would have to check-out and re-check in on Sunday or do you the hotel will not make me pack up and re-check in to another room?

Thanks for your help!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

-is Hotwire usually more expensive for 2-night stays vs. 1-night stays?
When there is a BIG difference in the rate of each nite of your stay the above can often happen... although it's more of an exception than the rule. The example above is not due to 2nites vs. 1nite but more so likely due to a big price dispartity between each nite of your stay.
-is this hotel definitely the Holiday Inn?
We can't see the hotel name either, so can't say 'definately', but this does appear to be a match for the Holiday Inn and that would be our best guess too.
-if I do purchase them separately and they are both for the Holiday Inn, do you think I would have to check-out and re-check in on Sunday or do you the hotel will not make me pack up and re-check in to another room?
At check-in let them know that you have two separate, but continuous reservations, and ask them to block the room for the second nite. Almost always you will not have to change rooms mid-stay, but you often do need to to go the front desk at some point during the day of 'switch day' in order to have them officially check you out and then back in again.

Not sure if splitting your stay is an option, but notice that for Saturday nite there are higher rated hotels in this zone which sell for a little less... if changing hotels during your stay is an option, you may want to consider one of these other properties since they are higher rated and the same/less money (although comes with the inconvenience of changing hotels during your trip).

Let us know whatever you decide to do for if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- if you do decde to make two seprate purchases, please post the first purchase as a continuation of this thread and then start a NEW TOPIC to reflect teh purchase of the second nite. Thanks.

EDIT TO ADD: note that the first note if your stay is only $199/nite at the Holiday Inn Beacon Hill website... this would actually be cheaper to book direct, and the rate is cancellable, leaving you the opportunity to see if this hotel gets any cheaper on HOTWIRE in the coming days... So you could book the second nite first, confirm it's the Holiday Inn Beacon Hill, and then purchase the first nite durctly thru the Holiday Inn Beacon Hill website. Then contineu to monitor HOTWIRE to see if this hotel re-apepars for just the first nite at a rate less than you're paying dirctly with the Holiday inn. If you go this route please use this link to the Holiday Inn Beacon Hill to begin your reservation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your comments, your idea to check the Holiday Inn webrate actually showed that Sunday was more expensive than Saturday (Sun=$230; Sat=$200). However, looking at the IC site (thru the link) also made me realize that some rooms are smoking. I definitely want a non-smoking room, and with HOTWIRE I cannot specifically request this. I'll look through HOTWIRE's results again, as I recall seeing a couple other hotels that were non-smoking throughout.

Started bid at $80 and raised in $10 increments for the most part. After a few re-bids, I had my girlfriend try and this one stuck.

It is a decent rate, although there was a 4* hotel in Quincy/Financial on HOTWIRE that was possibly the Omni Parker for $149/nt, and thinking about it I'd prefer to spend the extra $26 for the Omni's better location.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]