Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Newark (Hoboken - Jersey City) Hyatt Regency

twg
By twg,
in

I started a thread in the priceline category... I currently have reservations for 7/7, 7/9-10, however I can't seem to get a room for 7/8 on priceline.

I noticed that hotwire advertises a 3.5* rate in the jersey city area for $204. I read that this is most likely the Hyatt Regency. Hyatt's web page shows a price of only $157/night for the same day. According to Hotwire, they have a double difference guarantee... how can I best use this to my advantage in this situation ? As far as I can tell, I should be able to book thru Hotwire, then req. a DD guarantee, and Hotwire should credit my CC 204-157=47x2=94, so then my room would only cost 110/night which wouldn't be too bad. Is it this easy ? What's the likelyhood that Hotwire will deny my DD guarantee request ?

7/8 is next Wed. and I haven't had any luck with PL so this seems like the cheapest option so far...

Help appreciated!

You've got it right.

Chances are that the DD gurantee will go smoothly as most reports we have heard about on the board (and there are quite a few of them... some for significant amounts of money) have gone well.

There's always an outside chance that it doesn't go as smoothly for you or you encounter some sort of problem, but surprisingly (i'm a cynic) they seem to honor legitimate claims without much of a hassle.

I would recommend taking screen shots of the Hyatt rate from Hyatt's website, just in case the rate changes by the time Hotwire attempts to verify it.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Before I go off and do this, it seems like all the information I have tells me that the 3.5* in Jersey City - Hoboken in Hotwire is the Hyatt (there doesn't seem to be any other hotels, and the amenities seem to match up compared to their vacation packages).

Also, has any had bad experience with having a split stay booked through both PL and Hotwire ? (as in this case if I'm successful) ?

Thanks!

No problem at all, often you will have to show up at the desk on check-out/check-in day and have them 'officially' book you in/out, but just inform them upon check-in that you have multiple reservations for a consecutive stay and they should know how to handle it.

Good Luck and let us know how the DD Guarantee goes. (don't forget to print a copy of the screen with Hyatt's rates for that date)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just booked a room for 3.5* in Jersey City. As expected, it was the Hyatt Regency.

Hotwire had it for $204 that night, whereas Hyatt.com had $157 listed. I have submitted a DD request, and waiting for a response. Hopefully they'll refund me $94.

If you're not already enjoying the benefits of Hyatt Gold Passport, I would definitely recommend signing up. I would contact GP prior to check-in and ask that all your reservations be consolidated into one. I also had a split reservation to consolidate at the Hyatt JC once, and it took a trainee over 10 minutes to complete the transaction while a supervisor taught her how to do it.

Just give them the Hyatt reservation numbers associated with your Priceline and Hotwire bookings. They're not going to care that you booked them through different third parties.

Hotwire DD was succesful. I received $93.60US in refund to cover the difference. That means the night of the 7/8 will cost ~$110.

I am already a GP member, thanks for the tip, I'll call them to consolidate. Hopefully we'll get rooms with views of Manhatten.

I used the savingslink to bid.

Glad it worked out for you. As i've said they've been surprisingly 'good' with their DD guarantee and i only know 'problem' (the room Hotwire booked was of a higher quality than the 'standard'.. so the user's DD refund was less than they expected, but this was resonable given that we confirmed that Hotwire indeed booked a higher rated room than the 'standard').

Thanks for the support of using the SavingsBarn.com link for your hotel purchase.

If you need any help with getting around the area or what to do feel free to ask... i live close to the Hyatt and stayed there a few months ago.

Your transaction (when they billed you) was electronic and therefore the debit appears on your credit card immediately. The credit is more of a manual process (you submit, they approve, then someboyd another area submits the credit). If you received confirmation of your successful claim it will go thru and i wouldn't worry about it.... give them the 10 days they state, although it may be done before then.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]