SEA Minivan

jmje
By jmje,
in

Been trying to bid on a minivan in SEA. Started my bid as low as $25 and has gone as high as $48... all been rejected. the lowest retail price for minivan on PL was $93... what's a reasonable bid? i saw HOTWIRE's lowest price for minivan is $59.99. should i go with hotwire instead? on HOTWIRE's website, it says "Reservations may be cancelled at any time without penalty." is that for real?

The HOTWIRE rate is probably "retail" (you'll know it is if the name of the rental company is shown before your purchase) and these are indeed cancellable.

I think there is a LOT of room between the $48 you bid and the $60 offered by HOTWIRE. Assuming that the HOTWIRE rate is cancellable (or you can book that rate directly thru Thrifty (please use this link)) and then continue to try PRICELINE... increasing your bid $3 every 24 hours until you get to a point which is more than the back-up reservation.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Thrifty link)

Keeup us update and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On HOTWIRE, for a 4 day rental I see Dollar for $58.99/day - that is most likely what you saw. Yes, this is cancellable as this is not a 'blind' purchase.

Note that with Dollar, driving is restricted to the states of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Northern California.

Traveling into Canada is limited to Vancouver and Victoria, B.C. metro area only.

Szymon

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]