CA San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hilton

Tiki
By Tiki,
in

I was really happy with the service here. They let us check in early (around noon) despite the 3pm check in time and we got a nice king room. No PL hassles at all! We parked the car for the day-$28 and could have had in/out, but chose to use public transport to avoid parking hassles in the city. The cable car stop is just 2 blocks away and it takes you to Chinatown. All the FW attractions are only a short walk away. Nice large room and bathroom. Staff were friendly and happy to help tourists with local info, lots of maps and brochures in the lobby. We had booked in advance for Alcatraz-good thing as there were a lot of people waiting in the stand-by line. Even though we only had one day here, with careful planning we got to see the main places we wanted to see. I would recommend this as a good 3* hotel and for $56 it was a steal!

• 2 years later...

We stayed here 9/14 - 9/16/06. We ended up keeping the rental car, but we left it in their parking garage during our stay. Self park was $28/day and we had no trouble finding a spot (try saying that about anyplace else in SF!). The garage had an attendant and seemed secure. The elevator went directly from the garage to the hotel floors, so we were able to get our luggage to the room easily.

We arrived early (9:00 AM) and they could have given us a room then, but not what we wanted. We came back around 5 PM and got exactly what we wanted - nonsmoking, king, on the interior of the hotel. The room was clean and quiet and a good size. Wired high-speed internet was $9.95/day and expires at 3 PM - didn't read that one too closely before signing up, else I'd have waited until 3:01 PM! No priceline attitude whatsoever. The concierge desk was very helpful. The hotel is at a good location - Fisherman's Wharf, the Powell-Mason cable car turntable, and a couple of good bus lines are very close. It was all easily within walking distance, as were North Beach and Lombard St. If you plan to use public transportation, I would highly recommend buying the real map from MUNI instead of relying on the ones they give away.

• 2 years later...

We stayed 9/6-9/11/08.

Nice hotel, great for the HW price! They tried to put us in a smoking room saying Hotwire purchasers couldn't be guaranteed a room type. I knew this was the case and had made my reservation for 3 people (while there were only two) to make sure we would get 2 beds. This worked, but I hadn't thought about the smoking thing.

We said we really wouldn't mind waiting however long to get a nonsmoking room, they said it would be about half an hour, we said that was fine, but then it was ready immediately. So I'm not sure what that was about. I'm guessing the fact that we were quiet and patient about our request helped.

The room was large and clean and the furnishings were nicer than your average Holiday Inn. We got a USA Today at our door daily. The concierge was helpful. We did not bring a car and depended entirely on public transportation (highly recommend the CityPass which include free bus and trolly rides - we went everywhere on buses and trolleys).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]