Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Boston Common-Theatre District) Radisson

emandem
By emandem,
in

We want to travel to Boston late July to early August. To investigate air fare, I've been entering July 29 to August 4. I like this timeframe and the fares seem to be decent. However, I'm not sure what this means in terms of hotel rates since it is during both business and vacation days. Is this favorable or not? Or does it depend on the type of hotel we're seeking, i.e., 4-Star not necessarily family friendly. :) I can fudge on my departure/arrival dates by a few days.

I did check the new board feature calendar of wins as well as the Convention Center. There are two consecutive conventions during that timeframe. There are none the following week.

I figure I should just try bidding for my prefered dates and see if I can snag something for $140.

Would appreciate your thoughts or input. Thank you.

Both Orbitz and Travelocity offer a 'flexible dates' option for airfare. You can use these to see (usually in a grid) how changing your flights +/- a few days will affect the rate... this will help you see the least expensive dates to travel.

From there you can use HOTWIRE to see if prices are low, high, or reasonble for your dates.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

First, I bid and did the rebids then rec'd rejection from Priceline yesterday afternoon.

Upon reading a suggestion from a poster here, last night, I had my DH bid. It was a productive bid session, but we ended it in order to regroup/rethink. Flat out, I think I was just a little too nervous.

Today, I waited more than the 24 hrs. and tried again. First try was rejected; PRICELINE said I had already bid this trip/wait 24 hours.

Could Priceline know- (and furthermore, does it care?) that we're together?

This is a Boston stay. I am using approach and re-bid zones found here. And I always use the PRICELINE link from this site! Thank you.

Okay, I'm getting nervous and concerned. I have tried bidding 4* in Copley and Copley/Quincy-Finan several times to no avail. Went up to $135. My dates now are set as July 31 to Aug 4. Am I having problems because this is part business travel time (Thursday) and part weekend?

I am willing to go up to $150, but given my lack of success I am now concerned that I'll get a mediocre hotel such as Colonnade, Sheraton, or Millenium. However, I haven't seen those posted for the recent past or future.

I'm considering HOTWIRE for the Omni Parker House. I'm pretty sure I know which is which but would check in first to make sure. Would prefer the the 3.5* Radisson but not have enough left for the car which is the second leg of our trip.

Appreciate any input. TY.

Upon reading more about Omni Parker, I think I'll pass.

through HOTWIRE link from this site, I have just found another and wonder which it is: Onyx or Nine Zero? Neither? The thing that is throwing me is it is listed as a 3-star and I believe those are both 4-star.

3-star hotel in Quincy Market - Financial District

$205 per night

B

No smoking

Fitness

Restaurant

Internet

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Are you searching for 7/31-8/3 as i don't see any hotel with the amenities above when searching HOTWIRE for these dates.

If you do still see it, are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am searching for 7/31 - 8/4; one room, two adults. The listing with "B" is gone now.

Now I've found one that I've been watching on Hotwire and it is 3.5* Boston Common - Theatre District for $189. If I can have help with the possible ID of Radisson, I'm buying.

Amenities: Fitness, Restaurant, Business, Internet, Tennis.

At long last, I busted a move and bought this. I went around and around trying to get the best for the least, but started to spin my wheels. The Radisson Boston is really where I wanted to be all along. So what if I payed a little more than I would have liked. It's a vacation and based on reviews of this hotel, our stay will be pleasant and stress-free.

Thanks for the assistance.

Congratualtions on your success!

Glad to see that you received the hotel you were expecting... hopefully you're happy with your decision and the deal you received.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]