Priceline Hotel: 3* Oakland-Eastbay (Pleasanton-San Ramon) Marriott San Ramon

davide29
By davide29,
in

We bid this area quite a bit. Lately 2.5* bids($40-$42) have been upgraded to the 3* Marriott San Ramon.

The Marriott is a very nice place and the staff is excellent. I have never opened a door myself--they have freindly doormen on the job

The Marriott feels like a fine downtown San Fransico Hotel-- with the overly priced restaraunt and bar included.

No "priceline treatment" and bed requests have been cheerfully fulfilled.

The downside is that they charge $10 per day to park.

And like most Marriott's another $10 per day for internet.

Effectively a 50% vig on top of the priceline taxes and fees.

The 2 Pleasanton 2.5 star places that used to come up for $39-42-- the four points and the courtyard-- both on Hopyard

do not charge for parking and have free internet.

IMHO a far better deal.

Beware.

getting upgraded from a 2.5* to a 3* is one of my biggest gripes about PRICELINE since charges for internet, parking and breakfast can add $30 or more to your stay.

Can you please post your dates of travel and winning bid so we may add this to the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins? This information is helpful to others who may be bidding in this area.

Thanks!

I've bid twice recently for friends who've wound up at the Marriott San Ramon. They reported parking next door in the Target parking lot rather than use Marriott's $10 per night lot. YMMV!

However, fundamentally, I agree with your assessment 2.5 upgrades to 3 star often result in extra charges, which can be unfortunate if you're truly bargain-hunting and trying to keep your costs low.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]