Priceline Hotel: 2.5* DC (Convention Center-Capitol Hill) Courtyard Convention Center

Babbish
By Babbish,
in

You should Start your bids at $55. Do not assume that my bid is the going rate for this 2.5* Read to the end of this message to understand why.

I used this site's PRICELINE Link to start.

7-6 8:20pm Bid $55 for Convention Center 2.5* July 20-23 Rejected

7-8 9:20am Bid $60 for Convention Center 2.5* July 20-23 Rejected

7-8 9:25am Re-Bid by Dropping one day from request

$63 for Convention Center 2.5* July 20-22

Accepted by Courtyard by Marriott Convention Center

900 F Street NW

$32/day Valet Parking :)

3 nights $189

Taxes and Service Fees $35.78

(14.5% Hotel and sales tax = $27.40 maximum

Priceline Service Fee = $8.38 minimum)

7-11 7:22pm Attempt to extend stay 7/22-7/23 was rejected at $63. This counted as another bid. Can't try again until Saturday.

7-13 11:00am $65 bid was rejected

7-14 11:33am $70 bid was rejected

Expanded Areas of search, to include White House - Downtown and later Arlington. But that is in another message thread.

That's why I think a large booking event was taking place on 7/22-7/23.

I called to request 2 double beds. They would not give that to me until I checked in. They said it would at least be a King sized bed with a Pull-out sofa. Better than sleeping on the floor.

P.S. Upon further reflection, this hotel MIGHT have gone for a cheaper price than what I bid ($63). The lower bids MIGHT have been rejected, because the request included a night for which the Marriott was unwilling to sell to Priceline. So I suggest that if you are bidding a 2.5 * Hotel, go ahead and start bidding at $55.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]