Priceline Hotel: 2.5* DC (Alexandria-Old Town) Courtyard Pentagon South

Babbish
By Babbish,
in

I used this site's PRICELINE link.

Something event must be occurring 7/22. I had tried to extend my stay at a Courtyard by Marriott Convention Center, and was not able to, at $65/night, the rate at which I had won the previous nights.

I was hoping for a 2.5* Residence Inn in either Convention Center or White House $65 Bids were rejected.

I expanded, hoping for the Residence Inn in Alexandria, and rebidding by including the failed areas of the White House, Then the Convention Center.

2.5* Alexandria $55 Rejected

2.5* Alexandria + White House $60 Rejected

2.5* Alexandria + Convention Center $65 Accepted by Courtyard.

Parking is $10 Daily

Argh! No Nearby Metro Station! :)

After the first bid, It offered to let me do an immediate re-bid, no changes for an extra $15 +55 = $70

but by Re-bidding, I was able to get it for $5 less than their "suggestion"

But I wonder, if I had bid $70, would it have given me the Residence Inn? If so, it would have been worth the Extra $5.

For those who like to dissect the bidding fees, here they are:

Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $55.00

Travel Insurance: $5.00

Subtotal: $55.00

Taxes and Services Fees: $15.19

Total Charges*: $70.19

Try Again Right Now

We searched hundreds of options to find your hotel room, however we can't accept your offer of $55 per room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number ###. If you are willing to raise your price by $15, you can try the same request again right now.

Normally you are required to change additional items (add zones, star level, or dates) in order to try your request again. However we are able to extend this one-time opportunity to you because of the zone, quality level and dates you requested.

Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $60.00

Subtotal: $60.00

Taxes and Services Fees: $15.96

Total Charges*: $75.96

Rejected

Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $65.00

Subtotal: $65.00

Taxes and Services Fees: $16.73

Total Charges*: $81.73

Congratulations, your price of $65 was accepted by Courtyard By Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South. :)

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the board.

I'm doubtful that bidding $70 would have landed you the Residence Inn, so i wouldn't let that bother you too much.

Also, while the hotel may not be near a Metro stop, as per their website, they do offer:

complimentary shuttle service to the local DC metro rail station
...so hopefully you can still make this work for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]