Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Downtown) Renaissance

sueslager
By sueslager,
in

We are needing a downtown hotel for the above dates. Not super picky ... but would take higher as it seems sometimes the 4* are cheaper than the 2*!

I've been haphazardly bidding the last couple days ... but thought I'd seek some "professional" advice! My bids have been rejected up to $90 range/night ... although today was told if I increased by $22 (on bid of $85 for 2.5*) they would "reconsider" without needing to change locations or star levels. Willing to wait a day or so and start over with any suggestions.

Thanks

sue

Welcome to BetterBidding, sueslager.

PRICELINE doesn't give a counteroffer when they don't have a room so something is available.

Priceline will almost always accept less than their counteroffer so that something is probably available for less than $107, which is $85 + $22.

If you prefer a 4* hotel when your 24 hour lockout is over (24 hours from the time you got your counteroffer), I suggest bidding $90 for a 4*, then adding free rebid zones in small increments up to $107.

If you prefer a 2.5* or 3* hotel over a 4* hotel (many people do), or if you're rejected up to $107 for a 4*, then I suggest starting a new bid of $90 for a 2.5*. Then add Everett, your only free rebid zone for 2.5*, and bid $95.

If you need help determining your free rebid zones please ask before you bid again.

Please start your bids with this PRICELINE link and keep us updated on how your bidding goes. Good luck!

Tried the process for a *4 ... didn't work.

Used the 2.5* this morning .. bid $90 and was accepted right away ... for the Renaissance Seattle. (Priceline list for that is $279!!) They must be desperate! Thanks for your help (though now i'm kicking myself for not starting lower today :) )

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to see you got a great deal and are happy with the results. This is a significant savings vs. a conventionally booked room at this proeprty for these dates.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]