Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Newark (Woodbridge-Edison) Crowne Plaza Clark

Stan
By Stan,
in

Hi,

What are the hotels available for 3* hotels in Woodbridge/Edison area and what amount should I start my bidding with? Will I have less chance to get a hotel if I bid for 14 consecutive days? Do I need to break it up? If so how many days at a time? I would like to stay from July 13 through July 27.

Thanks.

Stan

You can see the hotels previously reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List.

14 consecutive nites can be difficult, but it's not unheard... i would certainly try the complete stay first and then consider splitting the purchase.

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have two re-bid zones when bidding 3* in this area. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3* Woodbridge-Edison...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE.

Select 3* Woodbridge-Edison and re-bid zone2...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65

Any questions feel free to ask.

If the above is rejected, HOTWIRE has a 3.5* in the area for $69 for your complete stay (best guess is the Crowne Plaza Clark) so you could go with that.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Sorry I don't see it. I used Woodbridge for Jul 13 thru 26, and it shows 3* for $52 in New Brunswick. Do you know what hotel this is?

Then I used Edison for the same dates, and it showed the same thing. The 3.5* is $146 in Edison - woodbridge area. I don't see any 3.5* for $69.

Thanks.

Stan

Didn't realize you were searching for two children...

The "standard" room at the Crowne Plaza Clark is for maximum double occupancy. It's not that the hotel charges more when including 2children (not sure how many adults you're including in your HOTWIRE search) but when i search for 2adults/2children an entirely different 3.5* hotel appears in this zone.

What are the amenities HOTWIRE associates with the 3* New Brunswick property? How many adults/chidren are you including in your search when this one appears?

If you intend t go wtih PRICELINE, they only guarantee double occupancy... after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. You can read more about occupacy issues in our priceline faq.

Hi,

2 adults and 2 children. For HOTWIRE, can I just put in 2 adults only just to get the 3.5* and then call the hotel and ask for 2 beds? Or do they normally give 2 double beds ? Is it strick for HOTWIRE when I select 2 adults, do the hotel only expect just 2 adults, and won't allow additional children? I know PRICELINE only ask how many rooms and not number of persons.

The amenities for the 3* in New Brunswick are: fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry facility and High speed internet.

Thanks,

Stan

PRICELINE only asks for the number of rooms but their policy, and all the hotel needs to supply, is a room which can accomodate 2adults. (which is why it can be considered risky using PRICELINE for more than double occupancy... especially in a city such as NYC where rooms are notoriously small). However, some people, depending upon the area, "take a chance" but are prepared to have their kids sleep on the floor (not a good idea for a 2 week stay given your own scenario) or pack an air mattress should the "worse case scenario" come to fruition.

HOTWIRE gurantees sleeping accomodataions for everyone included in your search. So if you only include 2 people, that is all the hotel will be expecting.

I'm not sure of the New Brunswick hotel. Since this is such an extended stay and at what appears to be a good price (and seems like it would guarantee accomodations all four of you) you may want to see if the same hotel (based upon star ratng and amenities) appears for the first nite (or two... or week) of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could make one purchase in order to "look behind the curtain" and learn the name of the hotel... if you're happy with the outcome purchase the remaining nites, if not, 'deal' with the small purchase for a nite (or a few) and make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Hi,

I bidded up to $85 for 3* in Edison/Woodbridge area - not accepted.

I selected Edison/Woodbridge, 3* , 7/13-7/26, start bid $65 - rejected

selected North Brinswick (highest is 2*), 3*, 7/13-7/26, bid $70 - rejected

selected Baskin Ridge (highest is 2.5*), 3*, 7/13-7/26, bid $80 - rejected

changed date to 7/13 - 7/25, bid $85 - rejected.

Hotwire has 3* in same area for $79 for 7/13-7/24 for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Is Hotwire 3* rating the same as Priceline 3* rating? Am I correct that Priceline 3* has better hotels that Hotwire?

What are the Hotwire's 3* hotels ?

Any help with what I did in my bidding above would be apprciated. I only have through tonight to make my booking.

I used Betterbidding link to get to Priceline and Hotwire.

Thanks.

Stan

Hi Thereuare,

The following hotels were booked on Hotwire through Betterbidding link:

3.5*, Crowne Plaza Clark, Clark, NJ, $69 for 8 nights total $633.57

3*, Holiday Inn, Eddison, NJ, $79 for 4 nights total $365.49.

I bidded up to $85 on Priceline for 3* hotel without success.

Thanks for your help.

Stan

Congratualtions on your success.

So that we can stick with the board's topic title format and only post one win per thread, can you please use two seprate threads for your purchases. We'll use this thread for your first purchase and please start a NEW TOPIC to reflect your second purchase.

For each win, can you please indicate the star rating, zone, hotel, dates, price paid (per room per nite before taxes and fees), and the amenities shown before your purchase. You can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchases.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Here is more detail info:

star rating: 3.5*

Zone (city): Woodbridge, NJ

Hotel: Crowne Plaza Hotel Clark

Dates: 07/17-07/25

Price per room/night: $69

Tax recovery charge and fees: $81.57

Amenities: Fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry facility, hogh speed internet access

Crowne Plaza website showed room rate at $198/night for the same periods.

Stan

Hi Thereuare,

For Crowne Plaza Hotel Clark and the Holiday Inn Edison, the rates are for 2 adults and 2 children. I was able to play with the dates by changing one day at a time. For instance if I put in the dates from 7/20-7/24 and the result showed 3.5* in Woodbridge-Edison, I tried again by changing the dates to 7/19-7/24 until the result stop showing the same star and area. Then I would change the date on the other end (7/24 to 7/25). I think it's not so easy if not impossible to do this with Priceline as you are required to change one of the three criteria (zone, star rating and dates).

Stan

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]