Priceline Hotel: 2.5* North Miami Holiday Inn

Vel
By Vel,
in

After unsuccessfully bidding on priceline for 2 1/2 * hotels. I went out and went back in to bid for 3* hotels. It tells me that there is a dupulicate record and that to bid I need to change area or * level. Since I had changed the * level why do I get this?

Vel,

When you select a star level, Priceline searches for that level or higher, so when you searched for 2.5*, Priceline also searched for 3*, 4*, and 5* hotels (if available in that area). So when you tried to bid again and changed the star level to 3*, Priceline is telling you that you already tried that (when you searched for 2.5*). So when you change the star level, you must select a lower star rating. Assuming you have time before your stay, i would NOT lower the quality level at this time.

Unless you are willing to accept another area, i think you will have to wait 72 hours.

Before bidding again, post back with what you're looking for and you dates, and i'll put together a bidding gameplan for you and walk you thru it.

If you haven't done so already, you may want to read this which explains re-bids: Re-Bid Process

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) Started at $25.00 for downtown Miami,-no luck. Increased to $28.00 and added Miami Airport-no luck. Increased bid to $31 and added North Miami - accepted at Nort Miami Holiday Inn. Total with taxes for two rooms was $81.96. Thanks for the help on this Board Betterbidding!!

Did your second bid include the Downtown zone as well as the Airport, or did you just try for the airport on the second bid. If you included both, i'm surprised you weren't upgraded to the 3* Hyatt (often $27), but i guess there is no availability that day.

Most people in this zone like to start at 3* so that there are a few re-bids available.

Looks like taxes came to 8.06 (4.03 per room) so at a 13% tax rate it looks like you hit Priceline's cost of $31 right on the money! The hotel's best internet rate i saw is for $70/nite, so it looks like you're getting 2 rooms for the price of 1 :)

Have a great trip, and thank you for posting your results at the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]