Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Elizabeth) Courtyard Elizabeth

slarrow
By slarrow,
in

I got the Courtyard by Marriott in Elizabeth for $75/night for Friday and Saturday 7/25 & 7/26. I tried a 2.5 star for Elizabeth and bid $63 and got a chance to buy for $17 more. I then rebid by adding Jersey city and bid $69 and got denied.

Later I bid 2.5 star elizabeth for $67 and did not get a chance to add more money. I rezoned with Jersey City and bid $75 and got the Courtyard Elizabeth. I previously won the Hyatt on the Hudson for Sun & Mon at $75 and posted on another thread. I had bid up to $125 for Friday and Saturday nights for the Hyatt but no luck. I have will have a car so transportation should not be a problem for the Courtyard.

I used your PRICELINE links.

Thanks for all your help

Elizabeth is not really an area that you want to stay in order to commute daily to NYC.

There is no train nearby and the way to NYC would be to take the hotel shuttle to the airport and the commute in from there OR use the bus that goes to the nearby mall... but the mall bus has limited service in that it doesn't run too frequently (and doesn't run too late, iirc)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am staying at the courtyard in elizabeth and I will have a car. I would like to drive to a Path station and take it to NYC. Does anyone know which PATH station would be best and safest to drive to and park for the day? I am thinking about the Grove station. Thank you

I don't know much about the Harrison Station but the parking there is pretty cheap (not sure of safety)... Journal Square or Grove Street Stations are probably most convenient as it's a shorter time on the train vs. Harrison (the Grove Street Station area is a little 'nicer' than Journal Square as this neighborhood is going thru a revitilization process).

This PATH Parking Guide is old (the PATH train prices aren't correct anymore either... so i'm doubtful the parking rates of 3rd party garages are correct either, but at least it can be used as a guage)

I'll also PM you one other option.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]