Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark (Secaucus-North Bergen) La Quinta Suites

pokerface
By pokerface,
in

I am looking for bidding advice to get the Hyatt in Secaucus, NJ during the week of July 21st using Priceline. The recent posts for this property range from 55 to 69 through Priceline - i've already bid up to $70. I do not want to get the La Quinta Inn in Secaucus and absolutely do not want the La Quinta Inn in Clifton Hills.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't bid on a specific hotel with PRICELINE... you can receive any hotel in the zone at the minimum star level you select.

If there is a hotel you're trying to target, or a property you're trying to avoid, HOTWIRE is often a better option as you can often take an educated guess as to the property you'll be receiving before your purchase.

What is your maximum budget for this stay?

What are the actual dates of your stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply,

I will be in NYC from July 21 to 26. I need to park, and as cheap as possible, would prefer a complimentary breakfast. Am thinking of splitting up the time i'm there to $100 a night on two of the nights and 70-80 a night on the remainder.

I will be in NYC from July 21 to 26.... am thinking of splitting up the time i'm there to $100 a night on two of the nights and 70-80 a night on the remainder

I assume you're thinking of staying in NJ though, correct? (as NYC just won't acomodate a sub-$100 budget)

For the complete stay HOTWIRE has a 3.5* property in the Secaucus-Meadowlands zone for $89/nite (Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Interent, Business, Golf). Best guess is that this is the Sheraton Meaowlands, which if correct, doesn't offer free breakfast but does offer free parking, scheduled shuttle service to/from a local bus stop and train station to get into Manhattan, or you can simply drive to the nearby Park N Ride and take the bus in on your own (so that you don't have to adjust to the shuttle schedule to get back to the hotel)

Would this work for your needs?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In my opinion this hotel is not as bad as the reviews.

This is all i see in the immediate area... there are too many hotels you're trying to avoid to go the PRICELINE route and nothing else is showing up on HOTWIRE within your budget.

You could book this Crowne Plaza location (please use our link) for ~$130/nite from 7/23-7/26... but not sure if you're willing to go that high.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Crowne Plaza link if you choose to go that route).

Thoughts?

I heard some bad reviews of the Sheraton Meadowlands, kind of wanted to avoid that location. Any other NYC/NJ surburban locations that you recommend with free/cheap parking?

the only negative about this property is the lack of convenient public transportation into Manhattan, oh, and a second is the $10 daily charge for wifi. With a car you can drive over to the Park and Ride in North Bergen and pay $8.50 for parking and one round trip bus ticket. If the HOTWIRE rate is $89, you can probably bid lower ($70 or $75) on PRICELINE, but you may get another 3* hotel. It is not as convenient as the hotels located in the Harmon Meadows development or the Crowne Plaza, but with access to a car, its fine.

You will always read a few negative reviews for every hotel because its just human nature to complain rather than to praise.

I bid several times, $75, $80, $85, for secaucus, changing up my dates in hopes of getting the hyatt place, but no luck. Finally, with a bid of $90 ($85 + $5 bonus dollars), for the 21-23, I won the La Quinta Inn Secaucus. Not entirely disappointed because they have free parking and complimentary breakfast. I also bid $67 in the newark airport area for the 23-25, was hoping to get the marriot, but I got the hilton airport (stayed here before). I was given the option to extend both my check-in and check-out dates by two days.

Congratulations on your win!

I know this was one of the hotels you were hoping to avoid when you started your hotel pursuit, so glad to hear you're not too disappointed with the outcome and will make it work for your needs. There is a also a bus to NYC right at the front door of this property, so that is a plus as well.

A reminder that just because the "extend your stay" option is given doesn't assure that there is availability at the same rate (or at all) at the property you received.

If you still need two more nites of this stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding. (clicking our link just before using the bonus money link given to you by PRICELINE)

Enjoy your stay.

May I ask why you didn't want La Quinta in Secaucus or Clifton? I am trying to bid 2.5/3* in the same area for the following week.

Hi,

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Clifton and it was literally a scary place. It may have just been the circumstances because it took me a long while to find and the hotel, and the room that I ended up getting (at close to 3am) was an older unit that had an old campground/run-down motel feeling to it. Besides feeling like something was going to jump out of the next room, and the next morning some people looking slightly sketchy, the breakfast was decent and the area was not all that bad. I think if I had got one of the renovated units it would have been fine, but I wanted to keep away from hotel on this trip. As for the Secaucus location, I've just read some sub-par reviews and I read some great reviews for the Hyatt place, which was being got for the same price or cheaper. But La Quinta's offer free breakfast and free parking, and as I just discovered, from thereuare, they have a bus that goes into NYC, not bad.

Hey NJ Friends, I just came across a 2.5* in Secaucus-Meadowlands for $69 per night for the time I'm looking for (July 29 -August 1). It sounds as though this would be the La Quinta Clifton - breakfast, pool, laundry, and hi-speed internet are the icons showing. Is this a safe place for a family to get two rooms? Thereuare, you said there's a good NJ Transit bus into Manhattan. Do you know how long it normally takes to get there? And if it's $69 on Hotwire, could I possibly bid less on Priceline?

Thanks as always. If any of you ever need advice for Atlanta, let me know!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]