Priceline Hotel: 4* Downtown Missed bids up to $115 (7/19) 1 night

CranesInTexas
By CranesInTexas,
in

gr8aunt was lucky to win the Westin at $120 for 7/19 a couple days ago because the Westin is sold out on 7/19 now and the Sheraton is $279.

This is a Saturday night stay and rates look pretty high. The only thing HOTWIRE has under $200 is a 2.5* in Pike Place zone for $134.

Are you willing to bid higher than $140 for a 4* on PRICELINE? Your last bid was just 50% of Sheraton's price so maybe you could win it a little higher....$150 or $160?

Or would you like to try lower for a 3* Downtown?

looking to spend under 200 total.

What is this before taxes and fees?

Are you willing to bid up to your limit at this point in time?

I see some pretty cheap deals in Bellevue thru GTA Hotels... is that an option? GTA Hotels also has some deals, relatively speaking, at the Sixth Avenue Inn ($151) and the Warkwick ($231) which although not great options, may be something to consider given the difficult with these nites thus far.

Also, Quickbook has the Paramount for $209/nite. (reviews are mixed)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since this is for one night, i didn't want to go crazy with costs. i decided to try and bid on a 3* for downtown. unfortunately I am having no success. Bids were placed starting at 70 and moving up to 95 in increments of 5.

I will try again later and post with more information.

Thank you for the links to other websites so at least i know that i can get A room if i need it.

Keep us updated as to what you ultimately decide to do.

Many of the hotels linked above are cancellable up until a few days before your stay, you may want to book something without a cancellation penalty to make sure that the room, and rate, is available if you decide you need it.

Please remember to use our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, or the links above, to begin your purchases.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i don't know what is happening in seattle this specific weekend...

It's likely 3 cruise ships being in town... both on the 18th (those who arrive a day before to make sure they don't miss the boat (no pun intended :) )) and on the 19th (those who stay in town after their cruise to extend their vacation).

See our sister site Crusie Port Schedules for a full calendar.

I will add that you may soon be in 4* territory, and you may want to consider trying for a 4* at $20 or so more than your 3* bids, if the extra money would be worth the 'ugprade' over a 3* to you.

Keep us updated.

PS- you can also use our BetterChecker to help in your hotel direct refundable back-up

Went back to Hotwire to see that there was the Sheraton for $199, but when i selected to buy it, the hotel was gone. Called the customer service and she said that they were upgrading their system and it most likely did not get updated on the website. She suggested i use Expedia. They listed the W hotel for $209. So, before booking i tried priceline one more time with 4* downtwon bids up to $190 with no success.

Good news is that i finally booked a room, the W above. W's website lists room at 339/night, so i at least feel my efforts have not been for naught.

thank you everyone for your guidance and assistance.

Thanks for the follow-up and glad you found something which works well for your needs.

If you didn't, please note for future reference as per our support page that we're an affilaite of Expedia (and almost all major hotel chains and booking agencies)... please use the links in our support page for your future purchases.

Also, i haven't checked to compare apples-to-apples, but Starwood has a Best Rate Guarantee, so you could have booked direct and then have them match and lower the rate by an additional 10% if the lower price was for the same room type.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]