Priceline Hotel: Help with hotel Accommodation Cairns/Port Douglas Queensland Australia

happy daisy
By happy daisy,
in

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Holiday Inn in Cairns that is well-located, has an attached liquor store, and sometimes has good offers on their website. It is within walking distance to all the action. Try to aim for a balcony from which you can enjoy the bats at dusk.

You might only want to book your first night in Port Douglas, if that. There are some unbelievable walk-up rates there--at the best places, too. We ended up at the Rydges there--talk about deluxe! It was a two story condo with full kitchen, washer/dryer and small store and outdoor movies on the premises. The rate was far less than anything we'd seen that could be booked in advance. And it had pickups for the snorkeling cruises from the front office. We were wary of not booking anything in advance there, but were so glad we didn't.

• 10 months later...

You should check out Wotif which is highly recommended by many (including myself). It generally has cheaper prices than normal hotel prices, however, its always best to just compare with the individual hotel's own website, as sometimes they might have some special deals going on. When I searched for Cairns, Port Douglas and Cape Tribulation (<- not as many hotels for Cape Tribulation as the other two though!), a whole list of hotels came up. I haven't yet checked out what is available on PRICELINE and HOTWIRE, but, Wotif is certainly a good site for accommodation throughout Australia (and various countries around the world). :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]