Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle DT- Does Priceline sleep on holidays?

as400guy
By as400guy,
in

I have been bidding for a Seattle DT 4* for 7/16/08 - 7/18/08 using up to 5 re-bids each time by adding areas without 4* properties.

Over this 4th of July holiday I have bid higher than I would have thought needed and all bids have been rejected. There are several possible reasons:

1) It's a really busy period with few vacancies.

2) It's just expensive in Seattle downtown and I just got lucky when I won a night in Seattle 4* 7/25/08-7/26/08 for $125.

3) Priceline and/or the hotels' set the bar high on holiday weekends and go home! If you want to win a room, you have to PAY!

Does anyone have any thoughts about bidding strategies over holiday weekends or Seattle DT 4* for my specific dates?

Have you checked the rates that the 4* hotels are charging for the dates you're staying?

If you do/did check hotel rates for your date(s) you'll find that many 4* hotels are sold-out. The problem appears to be the nite of the 7/17. If you're willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID i think you can be successful for the first nite at amounts lower than you (or maybe just slightly higher) have already bid... but the second nite of 7/17 looks like it will be a tough one at the moment.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]