Priceline Hotel: Santa Barbara - Hotel needed

RobbieRob
By RobbieRob,
in

Hmm okay. I jsut talked to my dad - he would like to be in Santa Barbara (not Goleta or Capinteria). Directly on the beach or at least near the beach is also very important. I saw the Motel 6 on the beach for 120$. I know that's expensive, but that's the first motel 6 ever - so I think that means it is a good one? Anything you can tell me about this one? Also - do you think that for the same price I could get a better hotel/motel on priceline for Santa Barbara?

Oh and one other thing:

I also want to book Motel 6 for Flagstaff, AZ and Mammoth Lakes, CA. When I book online, I can see that it's more expensive to select 2 adults in a room than it is to select just 1... so I was wondering if I could just go ahead and book a room with two beds, but only plug in 1 adult (instead of two) and save a few bucks. Does this work or would I get into trouble if they find out?

... but that's the first motel 6 ever - so I think that means it is a good one?
It only means that it's been around a long time :)

You can read some review of this property HERE.

I can possibly understand your need for this property in Santa Barbara, but why the sudden move to considering this brand in Flagstaff and/or Mammoth Lakes... i would think you can do better.

if I could just go ahead and book a room with two beds, but only plug in 1 adult (instead of two) and save a few bucks. Does this work or would I get into trouble if they find out?
Usually it's not too much of an issue, but if you do get caught, you could be forced to pay extra.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I can possibly understand your need for this property in Santa Barbara, but why the sudden move to considering this brand in Flagstaff and/or Mammoth Lakes... i would think you can do better.

Thanks! Better: sure; but I don't think any cheaper. The reviews on tripadvisor indicate a pretty decent property, and it's just about 50 Dollars/Night. PRICELINE doesn't offer bidding for Mammoth Lakes, and I'm not sure about bidding for Flagstaff - no hotels reported yet on this board for Flagstaff

I saw the Motel 6 on the beach for 120$. I know that's expensive, but that's the first motel 6 ever - so I think that means it is a good one?

I haven't stayed at Motel 6 in Santa Barbara but pretty much everywhere Motel 6 is Motel 6.

The $120 Motel 6 is probably no different than the $60 Motel 6. It's $60 for being a Motel 6 and another $60 for being on the beach.

The Beach Motel 6 might have better off customers....people who can afford $120...but the rooms will probably be the same at both.

You might try the Ala Mar By The Sea. It's on Cabrillo, across from the beach and a block from Stearn's Wharf. It's little dated (like Motel 6 I suppose) but charming, and they offer complimentary continental breakfast.

The Motel 6 is just like any other Motel 6. It's not directly on the beach either. It's about 2 blocks behind the Santa Barbara Inn.

Ala Mar By the Sea: http://www.alamarmotel.com/

Flagstaff Arizona?? If that's the city you're refering to put "Flagstaff" (without the quotes) in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the board.

I did that, but there is only results for Flagstaff Sedona, and not Flagstaff itself.

Just wondering what this means/indicates?

This is an example of a Flagstaff thread topic:

3* Flagstaff-Sedona (Flagstaff) Radisson Woodlands

The "Flagstaff-Sedona" is the name of the PRICELINE region, so all posts in this area will be begin with this.

"(Flagstaff)" is the zone within the region.

So THIS THREAD - 3* Flagstaff-Sedona (Flagstaff) Radisson Woodlands is in the Flagstaff zone...

while THIS THREAD - Resort Flagstaff - Sedona (Sedona) Radisson Poco Diablo Resort is in the Sedona zone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]