Priceline Hotel: santa barbara help 7/3-7/5/08

travelbuddy
By travelbuddy,
in

HI! Need help with potential last minute santa barbara trip. We will need 2 rooms - one for grandparents the other for us and newborn. I saw on priceline that Fess Parker is listed at $415 and able to click on name your own price. What's the best strategy to get this hotel? We want to stay starting 7/3/08 for 2 nights. Thanks for your help.

Are you refering to the Fess Parker Doubletree Resort?

You can not bid on a specific hotel. You can only select the minimum star rating you're willing to accept and the zone(s)... not the individual hotel.

Are you willing to accept any 3* hotel in this zone? As well, see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding using the 'retail' version to determine 'name your own price' availability.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- please be sure to follow-up this thread with wahtever you end up doing for this stay (as you have an airfare thread on the board which was never 'concluded')

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I am refering to the Fess Parker Doubletree Resort. Thanks for the link. I think I get it.

I checked the priceline hotel list but don't see any hotels listed for santa barbara. Could I be the first to venture into new territory??? (highly unlikely)

For those members living in santa barbara or knowledgeable about santa barbara, is $200/night for 3 star waste of money?

mod - I checked my airline post and I see that it was completed on 9/10/06.

Yes, you should expect to pay around $200 for a 3* in the summer. Santa Barbara is verrrry crowded around the Fourth, so you're going to be lucky to find anything. There are a few motels on upper State Street that are not within walking distance, but may have some availability. They are definately 1.5 to 2*. You might also check Goleta and Carpenteria.

I checked the priceline hotel list but don't see any hotels listed for santa barbara.
Given the expense, most users probably look elsewhere.

Let us know if you'd still like to try bidding in this area, or some other area, and your maximum budget and minimum star rating.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]