Economy car at MCO in late August for 12 days?

Goofyguy2
By Goofyguy2,
in

For more than a month, I've been trying to bid on a car on PRICELINE for our upcoming trip in Orlando. We need a car on August 24th for 12 days. I've bid on a compact and economy car, up to $16 but no success. Last year, we got a compact car for $11 a day over the same time period. Any thoughts on what I should do? There are only 2 of us, so the cheapest car we can get is the goal. Thanks!

So is that Aug 24-Sept 4th?

Will you be in the area for the entire time so that you could split the rental... renting for a week and then returning the car and picking up a new rental with a new renal contract for the balance of your stay?

What is the best rate offered thru the Car Rental Checker and thru HOTWIRE?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow, that was quick. Thanks!

Our dates are late on the 24th, and returning the car early on the 5th of September.

Is it a really good deal to split the rental into 2 reservations? We are in the general area for the trip, so it is feasible, but is it worth the hassle?

At the links you gave me, the lowest prices were $18 a day on the first and $22 a day on the second.

Is it too early to bid, or are the prices just a lot higher than last year?

Is it a really good deal to split the rental into 2 reservations? We are in the general area for the trip, so it is feasible, but is it worth the hassle?
Some would do it to save $10... others wouldn't do it for $100; so it depends upon how much hassle you're willing to go thru to save some money.
At the links you gave me, the lowest prices were $18 a day on the first and $22 a day on the second.
How did you split the dates? What is the best rate for the complete stay? Is the $18 and $22 thru HOTWIRE or some other service?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks to you both! I talked to the family, and they'd rather not bother with splitting up the car rental. I just went to a variety of car rental sites and with all taxes included I couldn't find anything less than $340. I'll keep plugging away at it and maybe book a back-up rental. I'll try PRICELINE again and will use your links. Thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]