Trip advisor ratings

50sjayne
By 50sjayne,
in

I noticed this today too, 50sjayne. I checked a dozen or so Hotwire hotels and none of them had a TripAdvisor rating. It makes ID'ing the hotels a lot tougher!

Maybe thereuare will want to move this thread to the "Run of the House" section of the board because it's probably of general interest; not just to Orange County bidders.

It seems the trip advisor ratings have disappeared for me the last few days, is this happening to anyone else? Someone mentioned a new format somewhere else on this board- is that what happened are the trip advisor reviews somewhere else now? (for hotwire)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hotwire's TripAdvisor stats are missing again. I haven't found TA stats today or yesterday on multiple Hotwire searches in various cities.

Just now I searched a random date, 3/16/09, in four cities---Miami, Dallas, Los Angeles, and SF. I opened the first five hotel listings in each city and none of them had TA stats. 0 for 20.

Is anyone finding TA stats on their searches today?

We know there's a time lag before TA stats get updated on Hotwire. The TA ratings and number of reviews that display on Hotwire are sometimes a few weeks or months behind what TA displays on its own site. I wonder if Hotwire temporarily suspends all TA stats during a data refresh?

Hopefully Hotwire hasn't quit displaying TA stats altogether as it's difficult ID'ing hotels without them.

I noticed the same thing when I was trying to assist someone with a Hotwire hotel identification: I couldn't see the same TA information that the other person could! I tried other searches and couldn't find TA info for any other hotels. But when I did the same searches in IE (I normally use Firefox), I could see the TA info again! Perhaps this is an issue with the browser, but I'm not sure why this would suddenly start happening with Firefox.

But when I did the same searches in IE (I normally use Firefox), I could see the TA info again!

Interesting, tilepusher.

I was using IE for all my searches. I just tried several searches with Firefox and I don't get TA stats with Firefox either.

Yesterday I tried to ID a hotel and there were no TA stats. A few hours ago someone responded that they DID see TA stats, for the same hotel and same dates. I just tried again and still no TA stats for me! Not with IE or Firefox.

If I still don't get TA stats tomorrow I'll try a different computer.

A day later.

On my laptop at home I can't see TripAdvisor stats with Explorer or Firefox. I DO see them with AOL's browser though!!

An hour later at Kinko's, on Kinko's computer, I still can't view TA stats on Explorer. I see them with Firefox at Kinko's though, and I couldn't do that at home. Kinko's doesn't have AOL loaded, so I can't try that.

I'm searching the same ten hotels for the same date with all browsers.

Does anyone have an explanation?

:)

• 7 months later...
I cleared cookies, deleted temporary files, and now I can see TripAdvisor stats again, in all three browsers.

It's also a day later, so I don't know if it was the cookie clearing that fixed things or the passage of time.

Anyhow I'm back in business!

:)

I had the same problem, and realized that TA is shown only for SOME of the hotels. I think HOtwire hides them when the TA ratings are poor.

• 5 months later...

I emailed hotwire and they said this:

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us regarding hotel reservations.

I understand that you would like to know why there is not a tripadvisor star rating for the hotels that you are looking for. I regret any inconveniences this may have caused you.

In order to secure the lowest rates online for unused hotel rooms we have agreements with our Hotel partners to allow them to quote rates anonymously. These deeply discounted rates are Hotwire

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]