CA Inland Empire Hilton Ontario

jmw
By jmw,
in

Hilton Ontario 6/19/04- Priceline booking. Checked in at 5pm and got a room next to the elevator on the 6th floor. I couldn't hear anything from the elevator so I decided to unpack. After an evening's worth of activities outside of the hotel, I returned and turned on the TV just before bed to find that reception looked like it came from rabbit ears. The rest of the room is OK although the AC may be loud for some. No airport noise. I slept well. Got the Sunday newspaper delivered. Because of the TV, I think I got a dreaded "Priceline room" again. I would be a lot more mad if I needed to relax with the TV.

$35 + taxes/fees = $45.42.

I will probably not bid this zone again unless there is bonus money involved to mitigate the risk of getting this hotel with its Priceline rooms.

• 2 years later...

I stay in this area frequently. This of the 3* Priceline hotels in this area, I always considered this at the bottom of the heap. However, the year 2006 brought a renovation of all the rooms on the property. I've also noticed they have improved the quality of the bedding. All in all, when the Hilton comes up, I no longer shrug at the thought. In fact, I now find it a rather nice place to stay. If available, request a poolside room. Access is easier, and if you should want to use the pool or whirlpool, you can access them through sliding doors to your own patio area. This hotel is the closest to Ontario Mills Mall and a bevy national chain type restaurants, some within walking distance. There is also a restaurant on site, though I have never tried it.

• 9 months later...

Stayed here last week.

My first hilton in a few years after staying solidly in Marriott and I must say I was not disappointed.

Clean and renovated rooms of good size. TV is older tube type and smaller but on the plus side the bathroom is nice. I would definitely stay here again as everything went smooth. No mention of PL at all. Location is great, very close to restaurants of all kinds and the Ontario Mills mall.

Very satisfied in terms of $ vs quality.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on previous reviews, the pool area has just been refurbished. It was under construction as of my last visit to the hotel and should be completed as you read this. The property has improved greatly since my first visits four years ago. As of this review, parking is still free.

• 4 years later...

$55 plus taxes/fees Feb. 12-14, 2012. Nice, big, though not new, hotel. Particularly comfortable beds. Got around the usual high Internet fees by using the free WiFi in the lobby. Parking was $9 self or valet (above post on free parking seems to be out of date). Decent location. A number of restaurants nearby but nothing within walking distance that I saw. We did not use the free airport shuttle. Breakfast not included, but prices in the restaurant were not bad. There was also a Starbucks in the lobby. We would return. And for the price it was a great deal. If you pay the higher price to book directly through the hotel, Internet and/or breakfast could be included.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]