Hotwire Hotel: Hotwire or -Expedia in Hartford

Lloyd A. de Vries
By Lloyd A. de Vries,
in

I'm going to a stamp show at the Hartford CT convention center in August. The main show hotel, the Marriott, is much too expensive, when you count parking and Internet. The second show hotel, a Holiday Inn Express, is 2.4 miles away (it says it has a shuttle) but the only rooms available were smoking rooms.

Expedia has the Godwin Hotel 0.6 miles away, and rates it 3.5 stars; $107.10 for my dates. (Plus parking, but a $50 gas card.)

HOTWIRE has a 3.5 star hotel in downtown Hartford at $82, but won't tell me how far away from the convention center it is. If it's the Godwin, it's doable. If it's the Sheraton, across the river and an Interstate highway bridge, it's not. And Hotwire's version of "downtown Hartford" seems to include some of East Hartford on the other side of the river.

The two sites are co-owned. Is there a good chance HOTWIRE is offering the Godwin? Is 3.5 stars on Expedia the same as 3.5 on Hotwire?

• 2 weeks later...
can you please post your dates of travel and the amenities?

Sorry: Staying August 12-17. Most important is reasonable proximity to the Convention Center (not Civic Center), either walking or inexpensive cab. (I know about the Star Shuttle, but that runs limited hours on weekends I'd also like free Internet and free parking... but for a good price, I'd skip those.

HOTWIRE has a 3.5 star hotel in downtown Hartford at $82, but won't tell me how far away from the convention center

What are the amenities associated with the 3.5* property you're being offered thru HOTWIRE?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]