Priceline Hotel: 3* Orlando (WDW) Holiday Inn Maingate East

travelbug21
By travelbug21,
in

I am traveling to orlando June 12-14 and need to do this very inexpensively. What is everyones feeling about priceline versus hotwire. The one thing I like about hotwire is that you can choose your amenities, but it looks like sometimes priceline comes in a little cheaper. I really want a pool but it looks like most hotels in Orlando will have one. Any comments about the two?

Second, I do not care what area I stay in, any thoughts about what area I could narrow down my choices the best?

Thanks a lot in advance, this board is amazing.

Are you just passing through, or where you thinking of going to an attraction? Short of staying in a dump, you would likely get a pool with whatever hotel you get. With priceline you can get a hotel really cheap (probably around $35 for a 2.5 * in some areas) Chance though, you might not get a free breakfast, which could save you about $10/day. With Hotwire, there is also a chance you can review it on Tripadvisor. Anything else you're wondering just ask.

~JS

Jason's Storm- Making one killer deal after another. With something other than a machete to the head.

From the ashes of Friday the 13th Forum, rises Friday the 13th: The Community. A new beginning has arrived.

Thanks, we will be going to Disney for two days but I don't mind staying closer to universal where the hotels and deals seemed to be a little better. A lot of people have been bidding on a three star in the Universal area which has turned out to be the Hyatt Place which seems great. I wondered if there were better quality hotels in that area or I should try all areas. Should I select several areas when I bid or is there less change of knowing what hotel I am getting. Any other hints would be appreciated.

Thank you.

The one thing I like about hotwire is that you can choose your amenities, but it looks like sometimes priceline comes in a little cheaper

That's pretty much the major difference, so it depends upon what is most important to you. There is further info in the I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire thread.

I would first do a HOTWIRE search and see if there is anything which appears interesting and withn your budget... then you can try to identify it and make a decision to go for that offer or try to beat it via PRICELINE. You may do a HOTWIRE search and only see offerings which are more than you want to spend, which will make the decision easier for you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I do not have an internet so I have not been able to post but wanted to share my experience to help others. About the beginning of May I planned a trip to the Orlando area and because I had very little money decided to try Priceline. I decided to book for just one of two nights in case I was not crazy about my hotel. I started bidding on a 4 star in the universal area for travel dates June 12-June13 for 50 dollars with no luck. I tried $55 still no go. I expanded to Universal and Disney Maingate still a no. I finally expanded to Three star and got a booking. I got the Holiday Inn Maingate and want to say that it was a wonderfull experience. The hotel was perfect, very updated inside and close to Disney. The only down side was the pool which was a postage stamp. Because of this I rebid on HOTWIRE for the next night. I still feel that I got a very good deal.

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the board.

It's not entirely clear from your post, can you confirm that the information in the topic title is correct (3* Orlando (WDW) Holiday Inn Maingate East, $55 ... 6/12/08-6/13/08).

If you used HOTWIRE for an additional nite please post that win to the board as a NEW TOPIC.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]