Priceline Hotel: 4* Houston (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

dougieieie
By dougieieie,
in

not to bore ya'll with "the story of my life so far, but...

This post isn't about a great win, but how i wouldn't have attempted this last minute manuever without previous "re-bidding zone" advice & experiences from this board.

ANYWAY, needed last minute hotel for "Peace of Mind" on Friday night.

New roof being put on house, roofers were coming back EARLY Saturday morning.

ALSO, power was out at house from storm on Friday night. (Eventually came back on about 9pm)

The wife and i needed a good night's sleep (it's been crazy all week with the roofers).

We drove to my office to use the computer, and linked to PRICELINE thru this board.

My wife and i decided we'd go up to $70 on a 4-star thinking of other options.

Bid $50 4-star downtown - rejected

Bid $55 with re-bid zone Brookhollow - rejected

Bid $60 with re-bid zone Hobby and ACCEPTED!!!

From decision at home to do this, to checking into room within TWO HOURS!!

AMAZING!!

The Hyatt was AWESOME. They have been remodeling and we definitely got a "new" room.

Front desk was very helpful and friendly, and even moved us to a room at end of hall (away from Atrium) in case THEIR workers were making noise in the morning (they didn't work Saturday after all)

later,

dougieieie

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear you were happy with the results and enjoyed your stay. We're pleased to know the tips and tricks on the board were helpful in your bidding.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

PS- hope the home project(s) are completed and you're getting back to 'normal'

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]