Priceline Hotel: How far out to bid Miami

goodthatwont
By goodthatwont,
in

I think it can really vary -- Last year I booked the Hyatt downtown Miami (using Priceline) for the weekend before Thanksgiving and got it for about $85 - I booked that about 6 or 7 months ahead of time (April I think). This year I'm looking to book the first week in Dec and I'm having a horrible time finding anything reasonable through PRICELINE - it looks like there's something called Art Miami going on the 3rd thru the 7th and hotel rooms are in demand. :)

• 2 weeks later...

That event is called Art Basel and it is the most influential art event in the US if not the world. You are never going to get a deal in Miami during that week, if you can even get a room. The event seems to mainly impact Miami Beach/Design District, but it is impossible to get in the best restaurants etc.

The rates change in Nov at the end of hurricane season, but the economy has definitely impacted Miami like other places. If you are flexible, i would track the Intercontinental on HOTWIRE and especially easyclicktravel.com because it is a great hotel and can be very reasonable.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]