RDU Raleigh-Durham Fullsize National

jrnyman04
By jrnyman04,
in

Hi Everyone,

It appears that the rental car facility at Raleigh-Durham,NC airport shuts down sometime after midnight. Hotwire doesn't show any cars for pickup after midnight and Priceline and Hertz.com let you choose pickup times up to 12:30am. I currently have a flight coming in at 11:55pm. Am I ok if I can get a car for a 12:30am pickup? What happens if my flight is delayed?

Thanks a lot!!!

The following is from PRICELINE's website (current at time of posting):

Our rental car partners monitor flight information and will attempt to accommodate you if your flight is delayed or cancelled. Here's what you need to know:

Delayed or Cancelled and Rescheduled Flights:

Priceline's rental car partners will hold your reservation up to 24 hours after your scheduled pick-up time if your flight is delayed or cancelled and rescheduled.

Rental days are calculated on a 24-hour clock, but that clock doesn't begin ticking until you pick up your car - so if you arrive late due to delayed or rescheduled flights, the rental car company will automatically extend your rental by the same amount of time.

Cancelled/Not Rescheduled Flights:

If your flight is cancelled but not rescheduled, please call our Customer Service Department at the toll-free number listed on your Priceline Rental Car itinerary. Be sure to have your airline name and flight number ready when you call.

To get a copy of your itinerary, just come back to our homepage at www.priceline.com and select "Rental Cars" from the "Check Your Request" drop-down menu at the top right-hand corner of the page. You receipt and full itinerary will be right there for you to print.

If the majority of rental counters are closed at the time you need to pick up your car, it could make winning a bid more difficult. As well, not such a big deal if you'll be staying in the area the nite of arrival, but could be a bigger issue if you intend on driving that nite someplace far from the airport.

Here is the similar information regarding HOTWIRE (again, current at time of posting):

Q: What if I miss my flight (or it is delayed) and that affects my ability to pick up my car?

A: Hotwire Limited Rate rentals are held for up to 24 hours after your scheduled pick-up time. All Hotwire Limited Rate bookings are final and cannot be cancelled, refunded, changed, exchanged or transferred. You will not be reimbursed for any unused portions of your reservation.

However, if an airline cancellation or schedule change prevents you from picking up your car within 24 hours of your scheduled pick-up time, you will be able to cancel your reservation upon Hotwire's verification of the changes.

For nondiscounted regular-rate rentals, late pick-up is not guaranteed; your car reservation will be held only until the time you indicated you would pick up the car. The rental agency may choose to honor your reservation at the estimated rate if a car is available, but policies vary.

Regardless of the type of rental you choose, extra charges will apply if you do not return the car by the designated drop-off date and time.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...

I have a few things to report from this summer.

For this one, I was able to change my airline reservation to an earlier arrival time. I bid for a rental car on Priceline at the last minute. I bid $18 for a full -size and was countered with a $21 and I took it. Here are the details.

RDU

July 26 - Aug 3 2008

National Car Rental

Full Size, $21

I accessed PRICELINE from this forum's link to start the bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]