Are Bids Still Active?

ctcurr0
By ctcurr0,
in

Hi,

Can anyone tell me more about the "Name Your Own Price" offers that are saved/stored on your profile? Are they still "active"? Do I need to cancel them or delete them to avoid priceline suddenly accepting them after rejecting them the first time around?

...I made several different offers that were similar, each rejected (not accepted), but are now stored on my profile, and I don't want to end up having to buy each of them! When I click on them (in "My Profile" -> "My Trips", the request number), priceline seems to resubmit the offer, but I'm not sure - it hasn't accepted any that it initially rejected, so it may just take me back to the rejection page (asking me to change something) since that's the last record of that request......

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Once you receive a response (accepted or rejected) the bid is no longer live.

Where are you looking to stay? Which zone and minimum star level did you bid? Dates of the stay?.. maybe we can help you be successful in your pursuit of a hotel room.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 9 months later...
so I make an offer, the next page tells me the price with tax and if I want insurance. Then they ask for a cc number. My question is , if the offer is not accepted, do they still keep all of my cc information? Thanks!

If you haven't registered a username then your CC details are not on file.

Yellowdog.

• 1 year later...

And even if you do have your CC info stored, they don't store the 3 digit CVV code on the back of your card, which they need to process reservations. Once you've been accepted or denied, that decision is final for that request. You can bid again under normal rules (e.g. changing zones, lowering star levels, changing dates, or waiting 24 hours) without fear of a previous bid being accepted. If you close your browser before the results screen shows up with your decision, wait a few minutes for an email and that should tell you if you're successful or not.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]