Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami (Airprot MIA) Miami Mart Hotel

komputerguy
By komputerguy,
in

I basically just need a hotel with a shuttle from airport and to the cruise terminal would be great!

You can't guarantee this with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, and the chances of you receiving such a hotel are slim. While downtown and airport are not that far from each other, it is a good 20+ minutes apart, so most downtown hotels are not going to offer shuttle service to/from the airport. There are a handful of hotels that do offer both services, but these are typically airport hotels which, like most, offer airport shuttle service, then just do one/two runs to the port on cruise days. However, the majority do not offer this service, and most of those that do, have awful user reviews (which is why the htoels offer this service, in order to 'win' the guest who figures "it's just one nite")

If you'd still like to use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE and forgo the shuttle service, are you willing to commit to a non-refundable reservation at this time? If so, what is your maximum bid and the minimum star rating you're willing to accept?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1) are you willing to commit to a non-refundable reservation at this time?

2) what is the minimum star level you're willing to accept?

We'll need to know the above in order to assist you moving forward.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would like a 3* or higher

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3* or are you looking for the least expensive 3* or better hotel for this nite? (ie- did you want to try for 4* up to your limit before trying for a 3 star)

At the 4* level you have four re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone3...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone4...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $93, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained?

Please start there and ask any questions you have and/or confirm your re-bid zones before bidding. If you're confused by the above let us know and we'll break it down further step-by-step.

OK, I figured it out for the initial bidding, but can't get a 2nd round of bidding to work after closing the browser. Here is what I did

4* Downtown $60 failed

added Southwest Miami $65 failed

added miramar $70 failed

closed the browser, went back to priceline from the link started with downtown again and it failed saying duplicate bid.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and re-bid zone3...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Are you adding re-bid zone3 to your second round of bidding?

You need to STOP!!! and understand re-bidding before you attempt to bid again or you're likely to end up in an area you don't intend. Your stay is 6+ months away so make sure you have an understanding that you're doing it corretly to avoid any mistakes... you have plenty of time before your stay, so take it one step at a time.

You appear to be use the retail version of PRICELINE to determine your re-bid zones instead of the Name Your Own Price version. The two services use different zone names (notice there is no "Miramar" zone in the Name Your Own Price version of PRICELINE... so i'm sure which zone you added on your second bid)

Click this PRICELINE link which will take you to the NAME YOUR OWN PRICE section of the priceline website. Enter your travel dates and other information.

Then once you're at the screen with the NAME YOUR OWN PRICE zones listed, use this technique from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained to determine the highest star rating available in each zone:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

List each zone and the highest star rating offered as a reply to this thread and we'll take it from there. If you're confused and not able to get this far post back and we'll break it down further for you.

It is Miami Lakes - Miramar on the main priceline page so I was right :)

2* 3* 4*

Miami Beach (map) $45 $211 $138

Miami Airport (MIA) (map) $119 $162 $160

Coral Gables - Coconut Grove (map) $159 $179 $284

Miami Downtown (map) $79 $249 $379

North Miami Beach (map) $114 $229 $349

Miami Lakes - Miramar (map) $77 $229

Southwest Miami (map) $112 $269

It is Miami Lakes - Miramar on the main priceline page so I was right :)

Not really...

If you use THIS PRICELINE link and enter your city and dates you'll be taken to the 'opaque' area of PRICELINE's site and see that there is no "Miami Lakes-Mirimar" zone for name your own price bidding. As i pointed out above, you're looking at the "retail" version of PRICELINE which uses different zone boundaries and names, and should not be used to determine your re-bid zones.

Ok, so doing it that way I have the following with NO 4*

Dadeland

Miami Lakes

North Miami

Southwest Miami

So I can add all of those during rebids until I use them up or close the browser and start with one then add downtown, is that right? Thanks for all your help, I will get this eventually!

I bid $75 with Dadeland added and was denied.

Yes, you got it now :)

So you can label each of the zones above 1, 2, 3, and 4 and just substitute them into the strategy above.

However, always doublecheck your re-bid zones before starting a bidding cycle to make sure nothing has changed (no higher rated hotels added or upgraded) since you previously checked.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

If you need help identifying the HOTWIRE hotel you'll need to include all the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with the property.

Did you try the PRICELINE bidding up to $80 or did you not bid again after you received the "duplicate bid" message?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]