Priceline Hotel: summer weekend prices (Rapid City/Sioux Falls)

Johngo
By Johngo,
in

Have been trying for 2.5* in Rapid City and Sioux Falls at the end of this month.

Probably that I'm looking for weekend days, doesn't help, either.

Started at $50 in Sioux Falls and $55 in Rapid City.

Currently at $67 in Sioux Falls and $85 in Rapid City, but still being rejected.

2.5* are available for $99 and $119 respectively, so I'm in the 2/3 to 3/4 of street price, range.

J

1) what are your dates of the above stay?
June 27, and June 28/29. I'll continue to try, though mindful of what I can get by just making a reservation at the hotel websites. (the prices I quoted were for Country Inn and Suites, which is typically well rated)
2) do you remember which hotel you received for Anchorage... please follow-up that thread
Oops. I'm sure I still have the email somewhere - sorry about that.
3) Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.
Yes, definitely did that! :)

Thanks!

There may not be much hotel competition in this area so there is little reason for hotels to offer too deep a discount to the opaque providers.

Have a back-up reserved and keep trying, perhaps something will open up in the next week.

Keep us updated or let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would try for a 2* in sioux falls, if a 2.5* is a no go. I remember a long time ago, I got the Fairfield Inn for a pretty good price. Granted that was a long time ago.

~JS

Jason's Storm- Making one killer deal after another. With something other than a machete to the head.

From the ashes of Friday the 13th Forum, rises Friday the 13th: The Community. A new beginning has arrived.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]