Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco HELP PLS!

lucymaebrown
By lucymaebrown,
in

Rack rates are the rates directly from the hotel website.

At the 4* level you have four re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* USE, USW and Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* USE, USW and Fishermans Wharf and re-bid zone4...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When you changed the dates, did you just pick dates at random or did you do research at the hotel websites to find dates which were lower priced than your original set of dates? It may also help to include a Fri-Mon stay in your dates (so if still searching for 4 nites, a Thur-Mon or Fri-Tues stay... did you try 8/13-8/17 as one of your date combinations).

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since your stay is still two months away, I wouldn't bid over $100 this far out. Just my advice! Keep in mind the whole concept of PRICELINE & HOTWIRE is for the hotels to liquidate unsold rooms they haven't sold at regular prices. Sort of a "distress sale" mentality, if you will. At this stage, many hotels might still be banking on selling rooms in mid-late August at regular prices, and might not "resort" to giving PRICELINE inventory until a little later when that "pipe dream" doesn't pan out!

Great thanks! I'll keep trying every couple days for now.

I'm hoping other people start posting the prices they get within August so I have a better idea. I tried looking back to last August and there were some pretty reasonable deals for under $100 for 4* hotels, maybe I'll just wait out for now.

I think that's a good strategy .. just keep bidding every few days or a couple times a week and don't bid over $100. Also, continue to monitor regular rates on the hotel websites as well as on HOTWIRE a few times a week. If you notice rates start to drop for your travel dates, chances are so also will PRICELINE rates. Good luck!

$189 is a good rate for the Omni on Fri/Sat nights. I see that Sun/Mon nights are $299, which is typical as this is a hotel in the Financial District. Weekend vs weekday price fluctuations in this area are common, and can make PRICELINE bidding a challenge. If you want to book all 4 nights at the same hotel, chances are you'll have to overpay for Fri/Sat nights in order to come up with a rate that will get you into a hotel for all 4 nights. The only way to circumvent that is to split your bids weekend vs weekday. But then you run into the possibility of getting assigned two different hotels for the four nights. Something I don't recommend this far out. Since time is on your side, I would still limit my bidding to $105 if I were you.

Continued good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Select 4* USE, USW and Fishermans Wharf...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* USE, USW and Fishermans Wharf and re-bid zone4...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $100

If someone follows the above strategy, wouldn't the $90 offer be rejected as a duplicate bid if done within a 24 hour period? At that point, it appears all the zones have already been bid on for 4* hotels for the desired dates. Or does P/L accept the bid since the zones are thrown together in a different combination?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]